Sent: Sunday, August 26, 2001 7:20 PM
Subject: Re: [LogoForum] Getting a string

> Sorry you can't, maybe some day. It's really a clash between Logo and a
> strongly typed library.  I'll have to bend some rules to make it work.

> > I have examples of MSWLogo calling the Windows SDK function
SetWindowText

http://www.*-*-*.com/

> LogoForum messages are archived at:
> http://www.*-*-*.com/

LogoForum messages are archived at:
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 14 Feb 2004 12:48:34 GMT
 Getting a string
Okay, one possibility is for a non-Logo program to put text into the
clipboard and then in Logo use "openread clipboard" to get the text, right?
It is not the best solution, but it should work.

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

> LogoForum messages are archived at:

LogoForum messages are archived at:

Sat, 14 Feb 2004 12:52:37 GMT
 Getting a string
Very clever.
Quote:

> Okay, one possibility is for a non-Logo program to put text into the
> clipboard and then in Logo use "openread clipboard" to get the text, right?
> It is not the best solution, but it should work.

Mon, 16 Feb 2004 13:16:27 GMT
 Getting a string
I was thinking the same thing (clever).
What are you trying to achieve Samuel?
> Okay, one possibility is for a non-Logo program to put text into the
> clipboard and then in Logo use "openread clipboard" to get the text,
right?
> It is not the best solution, but it should work.

Tue, 17 Feb 2004 11:18:10 GMT
 Getting a string
I was thinking many things. I know that there is a lot of things Windows can
do that could potentially enhance Logo in a Windows environment very much.

A couple of months ago I could not resist the temptation to play around with
showing Unicode text in a non-Unicode MFC program. See Microsoft Knowledge
Base article Q179143 for a small description of the type of thing I was
palying with.

Although the current version of MSWLogo does not do Unicode, I think it
would be possible to interface MSWLogo with a DLL that creates a bitmap with
(rendered) Unicode text. It is probably not important to return text from
the DLL, but one situation in which it might help is a font enumeration
function. MSWLogo can enumerate fonts, but for some reason it does not
enumerate all fonts, especially not the "KaiTi_GB2312" font that the KB
article uses. If you would like to discuss this further then send me a
message privately (if it is not of interest to most of the others) or reply
to my message from August 25 with the subject "Unicode". I should resist the
temptaion to do something for MSWLogo in the near future but if you would
like to then I can probably help with the design and general technical
details.

Certainly there are many other potential uses of returning text to MSWLogo.

> > Okay, one possibility is for a non-Logo program to put text into the
> > clipboard and then in Logo use "openread clipboard" to get the text,
> right?
> > It is not the best solution, but it should work.

Tue, 17 Feb 2004 11:26:56 GMT

1. Getting Ascii string from hex 'string'

2. Getting a string

3. Getting a string from the keyboard - Help

4. Getting doc strings from in a module

5. problem installing tclxslt / getting a string out of an xml file with tcldom

6. Help! Getting binary string variable from C.

7. Getting C Strings into a Tk Listbox

8. Getting the length of a string

9. Getting a CRC for a Dynamic Length String...

10. Getting the same return string while reading multiple times from a GPIB instrument

11. getting integer from string.