Full version of LOGO for PC
Author Message
 Full version of LOGO for PC

I am taking a course in "Intro. to LOGO".  My professor encouraged us to use
the free version you can download from www.softronix.com but that version
(MSW LOGO) has very limited features.  The version we are using in the class
has a turtle (not a triangle) and different types of features.  We are
supposed to design a "vitural city" (for a class project) with several types
of buildings and roof structures.  We are also supposed to paint the
buildings differect colors. I was hoping to pay no more than $80 dollars.  I
am not sure if I have answered your question correctly but I need to get
help as soon as possible because there are only a few weeks left in the
class and I haven't been able to attend class due to a death in the family.
The professor has no problem with my lack of attendance as long as I finish
my class project.  In any event, I sincerely hope some can tell me where I
can purchase (and download)a full version of LOGO for my PC and pay with my
credit card.

Quote:

>Subject: Re: [LogoForum] Buying LOGO program (full version)
>Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 18:02:23 -0800

>There are lots of full versions Christian.   Tell us what you want to do
>with it?   PC and/or Mac?    Big bucks or small bucks?    You will get lots
>of opinions here if you do a better job of defining your goals.

>I assume that the free version you have been using is MSWLogo.

>I will put my Logo1.doc file amongst the LogoForum files for your
>information.    Dale
>---

>LogoForum messages are archived at:
> http://www.*-*-*.com/

Fri, 14 May 2004 21:22:10 GMT
 Full version of LOGO for PC
Hi Christian

Your first impressions about MSW Logo is far from the truth. It is a very
powerful version of Logo and though it may lack some of the child-friendly
features of such implementations of MicroWorlds it lacks none of the
features that serious programmers might require.

It might help you to address your project by looking at my Logo manual on
www.cowan.edu.au/pa/ecawa/sig/logo/paul_dench/turtle/

Open up the Turtle Graphics chapter and work through "Linking Simple
Shapes", Working with Colour", "Variables and Arithmetic", and "Random
Functions". You could develop some different roof structures and select them
randomly.

Good luck!

Paul Dench

> I am taking a course in "Intro. to LOGO".  My professor encouraged us to
use
> the free version you can download from www.softronix.com but that version
> (MSW LOGO) has very limited features.  The version we are using in the
class
> has a turtle (not a triangle) and different types of features.  We are
> supposed to design a "vitural city" (for a class project) with several
types
> of buildings and roof structures.  We are also supposed to paint the
> buildings differect colors. I was hoping to pay no more than $80 dollars.
> am not sure if I have answered your question correctly but I need to get
> help as soon as possible because there are only a few weeks left in the
> class and I haven't been able to attend class due to a death in the
family.
> The professor has no problem with my lack of attendance as long as I
finish
> my class project.  In any event, I sincerely hope some can tell me where I
> can purchase (and download)a full version of LOGO for my PC and pay with
my
> credit card.

LogoForum messages are archived at:

Fri, 14 May 2004 21:23:16 GMT
 Full version of LOGO for PC
Hi, Christian,

The "fullest" version of logo I know is Microworlds Pro, available from
LCSI.  On the web, it's www.microworlds.com, click Microworlds Pro, then
ORDER.  The web page has this info when you click on "ORDER":

All of our products can be purchased either directly from LCSI or from
one of our authorized dealers listed below. Feel free to contact the
dealer closest to you.

To order directly from LCSI :

Telephone : 1-800-321-5646
Fax : 1-514-331-1380
Toll Free Fax from USA and Canada (877) 846-6993
ETC...

Christian, If you order online you will pay full price ($139) single
user copy.  Call--you are a teacher and may get a better rate, like I
did. Make sure you get next day shipping.

Good Luck,
Carol

Quote:

> I am taking a course in "Intro. to LOGO".  My professor encouraged us to use
> the free version you can download from www.softronix.com but that version
> (MSW LOGO) has very limited features.  The version we are using in the class
> has a turtle (not a triangle) and different types of features.  We are
> supposed to design a "vitural city" (for a class project) with several types
> of buildings and roof structures.  We are also supposed to paint the
> buildings differect colors. I was hoping to pay no more than $80 dollars.  I
> am not sure if I have answered your question correctly but I need to get
> help as soon as possible because there are only a few weeks left in the
> class and I haven't been able to attend class due to a death in the family.
> The professor has no problem with my lack of attendance as long as I finish
> my class project.  In any event, I sincerely hope some can tell me where I
> can purchase (and download)a full version of LOGO for my PC and pay with my
> credit card.

>>Subject: Re: [LogoForum] Buying LOGO program (full version)
>>Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 18:02:23 -0800

>>There are lots of full versions Christian.   Tell us what you want to do
>>with it?   PC and/or Mac?    Big bucks or small bucks?    You will get lots
>>of opinions here if you do a better job of defining your goals.

>>I assume that the free version you have been using is MSWLogo.

>>I will put my Logo1.doc file amongst the LogoForum files for your
>>information.    Dale
>>---

>>LogoForum messages are archived at:

Sat, 15 May 2004 10:20:54 GMT

1. Full version of LOGO for PC

2. PC Scheme (full version, 3.03) runs on a 486

3. PC Scheme (full version, 3.03) runs on a 486

4. Buying LOGO program (full version)

5. PC LOGO versions (1st update)

6. PC LOGO Version 4.0

7. mac version 5.1 compatability problems with pc version 6.1

8. LOGO-L> Object Logo for PC

9. LOGO-L> PC-LOGO syntax in MSWLogo

10. LOGO-L> PC Logo

11. LOGO-L> pc logo