[Technical] Logo development work
Author Message
 [Technical] Logo development work

Quote:
> I have definately considered and will probably use OpenGL. I've
never used
> OpenGL before so that will be new territory for me.

I would recommend that you try with OpenGL. At least Elica
(Educational Logo Interface for Creative Acivities) uses OpenGL to
visualize graphical objects. It will be nice to see another OpenGL
based Logo.

Go ahead.

Pavel
www.elica.net

LogoForum messages are archived at:
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Wed, 18 Feb 2004 20:41:11 GMT
 [Technical] Logo development work
Thanks for the encouragement Pavel!

I expect I'm a week away from getting the raw engine finished, and will make
it available for everyone to find all the bugs in the logo engine while I
work on the bells&whistles.
A few things I was thinking of today.
1) having the 'canvas' (the drawing surface) be initially transparent, where
the background shows through. As the turtle draws, it becomes opaque, and
erasing draws "transparent". The idea being that a background bitmap can
show through and be changed independent of the forground drawing. What's
people's thoughts on this?
2) (can't remember if I brought this up before). When writing the logo
tutorial, I found the different between 'TO foo' and 'EDIT "foo' very
confusing. I also realized that when typing 'TO foo' in interactive mode,
there's absolutely no reason why it should be any different than 'EDIT "foo'
(filling in the first line as initially typed).
3) Do you think it'd be cool to provide auto-completion for commands? I
think at least, to have color-coding for commands, syntax elements and
variables during editing.

Jamie

> I have definately considered and will probably use OpenGL. I've
never used
> OpenGL before so that will be new territory for me.

I would recommend that you try with OpenGL. At least Elica
(Educational Logo Interface for Creative Acivities) uses OpenGL to
visualize graphical objects. It will be nice to see another OpenGL
based Logo.

Go ahead.

Pavel
www.elica.net

LogoForum messages are archived at:

LogoForum messages are archived at:

Wed, 18 Feb 2004 20:42:54 GMT

1. [Technical] Logo development work

2. Boston, MA -- Technical Project Leader - Mainframe Development / Financial Services

3. Boston, MA -- Technical Project Leader - Mainframe Development / Financial Services

4. Boston, MA -- Technical Project Leader - Mainframe Development / Financial Services

5. Boston, MA -- Technical Project Leader - Mainframe Development / Financial Services

6. Logo Works: Lessons in Logo

7. [TECHNICAL] [MSW LOGO] Logolib

8. [TECHNICAL] [MSW LOGO] Logolib

9. Seeking Technical Writing or Programming Work

10. How cold boot works??? (technical)

11. Logo OOP developments?