UCBLogo MacOS getting started
Author Message
 UCBLogo MacOS getting started

OK, I downloaded UCBLogo for Mac, version 5.1.
When I start it, everything I type is doubled:

  Welcome to Berkeley Logo version 5.1
  ? pprriinntt  55

  I don't know how  to pprriinntt
  ? I don't know how  to pprriinntt
  ?

I typed "print 5"

Am I overlooking something simple?
PowerMac G3, MacOS 9.1.

--
G. A. Edgar                                   http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~edgar/

Sun, 16 May 2004 02:40:09 GMT
 UCBLogo MacOS getting started

Quote:

>OK, I downloaded UCBLogo for Mac, version 5.1.
>When I start it, everything I type is doubled:

>  Welcome to Berkeley Logo version 5.1
>  ? pprriinntt  55

I've heard of this problem before.  The other person who told me
about it found that the problem disappeared if he booted his Mac
with extensions off.  So please try that, and if that works, it'd
be *great* if you could isolate which extension causes the problem,
since it's one I don't have on my Mac!  :-)

Sun, 16 May 2004 07:31:36 GMT
 UCBLogo MacOS getting started

Quote:

> >OK, I downloaded UCBLogo for Mac, version 5.1.
> >When I start it, everything I type is doubled:

> >  Welcome to Berkeley Logo version 5.1
> >  ? pprriinntt  55

> I've heard of this problem before.  The other person who told me
> about it found that the problem disappeared if he booted his Mac
> with extensions off.  So please try that, and if that works, it'd
> be *great* if you could isolate which extension causes the problem,
> since it's one I don't have on my Mac!  :-)

With Conflict Catcher I found that the problem extension is QuicKeys.
 <http://www.cesoft.com/products/qkmac.html>
I have version 5.0, and that seems to be the latest one.  (There is
a new one for Mac OS X.)

--
G. A. Edgar                                  http://math.ohio-state.edu/~edgar/

Mon, 17 May 2004 04:25:10 GMT

1. Getting the current screen mode (UCBLOGO)

2. MacOS 8.1: error starting up Wish 8.3.0

3. ADA for MacOS 9 and MacOS X?

4. Don't getting started the Help Site, the Tutorial and the Education Centre

5. MS Project COM interface --getting started

6. Getting Started

7. Getting started

8. Still getting started...

9. getting started with Swazoo