How to obtain LOGO?
Author Message
 How to obtain LOGO?

Sorry about the crossposting, and I hope that I haven't managed to annoy
any of you out there by getting a totally inappropriate NG, but...

Is there anywhere on the net that I could download a free version of Logo
for either Linux or W95?

A friend of mine who uses it for her university course would like to use
it over the Christmas holidays, so if it is a version that times out after
a month or two (preferably two!) that would be perfect.

A reply by email (as well as to the newsgroup) would be greatly
appreciated, since I have a somewhat erratic news feed ;)

Thanking you in advance,

Simon

----
If you're a fatalist, well
that's it really, isn't it?

Sat, 27 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How to obtain LOGO?

Quote:

> =
> Sorry about the crossposting, and I hope that I haven't managed to anno=
> any of you out there by getting a totally inappropriate NG, but...
> =
> Is there anywhere on the net that I could download a free version of Lo=
go
> for either Linux or W95?
> =
> A friend of mine who uses it for her university course would like to us=
> it over the Christmas holidays, so if it is a version that times out af=
ter
> a month or two (preferably two!) that would be perfect.

> *snip*

There is logo implementation for linux called "ucblogo" available at GNU
sites like prep.mit.edu. I installed it but havn=B4t seen the turtle
yet...
 =

Quote:
> =
> Thanking you in advance,

No way...

Quote:
> =
> Simon

  Holger

-- =

Sat, 27 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How to obtain LOGO?

Uh...hmmm I thought that LOGO was dead -- along with the IIE -- but I
guess I'm wrong. LOGO is quite nice for young children though...

Paul Lowe

Quote:

> Sorry about the crossposting, and I hope that I haven't managed to annoy
> any of you out there by getting a totally inappropriate NG, but...

> Is there anywhere on the net that I could download a free version of Logo
> for either Linux or W95?

> A friend of mine who uses it for her university course would like to use
> it over the Christmas holidays, so if it is a version that times out after
> a month or two (preferably two!) that would be perfect.

> A reply by email (as well as to the newsgroup) would be greatly
> appreciated, since I have a somewhat erratic news feed ;)

> Thanking you in advance,

> Simon

> ----
> If you're a fatalist, well
> that's it really, isn't it?

Sat, 27 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How to obtain LOGO?

Quote:

> Uh...hmmm I thought that LOGO was dead -- along with the IIE -- but I
> guess I'm wrong. LOGO is quite nice for young children though...

Oddly enough it is for young children.... ;) My friend needs to know how
to use it before she can teach it, which is why I need to find a version.
Hmmm, the logic is broken somewhere around there isn't it?

<snip plea for a place to get LOGO>

Cheers,

Simon

----
If you're a fatalist, well
that's it really, isn't it?

Sun, 28 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How to obtain LOGO?

Quote:

> guess I'm wrong. LOGO is quite nice for young children though...

My appologies if this is MIME...

On the contrary!  LOGO is very useful, especially for robotics, and 2
dimensional behavior.  I have taken and seen many logo libraries and
incorporated them into the movement of robots.  The forward/right turn/back
commands are very applicable there.

Think not it is for `young children' drawing only...

J. S. Jensen

http://turing.Mines.EDU/~jsjensen

Mon, 29 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How to obtain LOGO?

Quote:

>Sorry about the crossposting, and I hope that I haven't managed to annoy
>any of you out there by getting a totally inappropriate NG, but...

>Is there anywhere on the net that I could download a free version of Logo
>for either Linux or W95?

MSWLogo
Free logo program for windows (3.x and 95)

http://www.softronix.com/logo.html

I've been testing it out for an instructor at my college and it works great.
It prints, saves, has a command history, help files, and  everything.  It
also has some pretty cool enhancements and tutorials.  The site above
has ports for several platforms.  It's a great program.

Quote:
>A friend of mine who uses it for her university course would like to use
>it over the Christmas holidays, so if it is a version that times out after
>a month or two (preferably two!) that would be perfect.

It's free and won't expire.

Amory Burgess -- Lab Manager: Leeward Community College

Mon, 29 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. LOGO-L> Apple logo/MSW Logo

3. Obtaining available disk space (APL*PLUS III)

4. Obtain the name of the calling program

5. Obtaining Contents of an Address

6. Obtaining the current date on IBM mainframes

7. Obtaining real address

8. Obtaining Day-Of-Week

9. Help with parsing a file and don't obtain the expected results

10. Obtaining videos from OOPSLA 99?

11. Obtaining memory of an external process

12. Best way to obtaining matching data from a second file