LOGO-L> Does MicroWorlds give us our "bang for the buck"?
Author Message
 LOGO-L> Does MicroWorlds give us our "bang for the buck"?

So many of the good MicroWorlds projects involve interdisciplinary
enrichment and yet I don't see much promotion of MicroWorlds in that
context - especially in terms of all the various skills or knowledge learned
in each project. Since the need to get our "bang for the buck" is an
important factor for backing educational initiatives, why do we not
"qualify" which skills will be gained from each project? If I am wrong here,
please direct me to information which qualifies or (better still) quantifies
the skills derived from various MicroWorlds projects.

Have Fun!

Ray Catzel,
President, ComputerPals Inc.
Web site: http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~pals

Sat, 30 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 LOGO-L> Does MicroWorlds give us our "bang for the buck"?

Quote:
>     So many of the good MicroWorlds projects involve interdisciplinary
>enrichment  and yet I don't see much promotion of MicroWorlds in that
>context - especially in  terms of all the various skills or knowledge
>learned in each  project"""" which skills will be gained from each project?

Ray makes a good point. I'm tired of going to presentations that only
mention Hyperstudio. At the recent ISTE convention in New Orleans,
presenters were given Hyperstudio as "perks".  I've used both and find
MicroWorlds so much easier to use for my elementary school students.

Wed, 04 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. corresponding "non-bang" method to []=

2. LOGO-L> copydef "fin "end

3. "ls" of only hidden files

4. Enhancing "ls -l" file listing abilities

5. couldn't execute "ls": argument list too long

6. Read "ls" output into list variable

7. exec "ls" in remote directory

8. Logo for MS-DOS ("rich logos")

9. MicroWorlds Pro "QUESTION Set Size" question

10. good bang for buck machines?

11. string.join(["Tk 4.2p2", "Python 1.4", "Win32", "free"], "for")

12. Origin of "John Doe"