LOGO-L> Re: MSW LOGO hardcopy
Author Message
 LOGO-L> Re: MSW LOGO hardcopy

Note I CC'd this meaasge to logo-l mailing list, See my web page
below on how to join.

Quote:

> I have downloaded the Win95 32-bit version of MSW LOGO.  I am primarily
> interested in using it as a programming language; I have only minimal
> interest in turtles. I am having a hard time figuring out how to direct
> output of procedures, or indeed text of the procedures themselves, to my
> printer.  I tried SETWRITE LPT1, for example, but that seemed to make
> LOGO endlessly busy doing nothing.  Could you get me started along the
> correct lines?

> Thanks very much.

> Buck Wales

I had not tried this before but you had the right idea.
I just tried this and it worked.

Example taken from SETWRITE online help

to xxx
openwrite "LPT1
setwrite "LPT1
print "Hello
print [Good Bye]
setwrite []
close "LPT1
end

It also may depend on if your printer defaults to "Text" mode.
Most do.

George Mills

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 30 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 LOGO-L> Re: MSW LOGO hardcopy

Dear Mr. Mills,

Your suggestion worked just fine.  I am somewhat embarassed at not
having figured that out for myself.  Thank you for taking the time to
answer me.

Buck Wales

Jack V. Wales, Jr.
The Thacher School
5025 Thacher Road
Ojai, CA  93023

(805) 646-4377

Sat, 30 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. LOGO-L> Apple logo/MSW Logo

2. LOGO-L> msw logo: turtling

3. LOGO-L> RE: MSW Logo and Interfacing

4. LOGO-L> MSW-logo and values

5. LOGO-L> Re: MSW Logo

6. LOGO-L> Re: MSW LOGO

7. LOGO-L>Please Recursion in MSW-LOGO

8. Different behaviour - UCBLOGO, MSW-LOGO, TKTS-LOGO

9. Different behaviour - UCBLOGO, MSW-LOGO, TKTS-LOGO

11. LOGO-L> diferences between PC Logo and MSW Logo?

12. LOGO-L> Welcome to logo-l