[TECHNICAL] [MSW LOGO] Logolib
Author Message
 [TECHNICAL] [MSW LOGO] Logolib

Quote:
> I found one way to do a native logolib...kinda funky but it works!

> 1. Cut & Paste each procedure [3d_frame sp sph sphc arcr arcl reset] from
> Yehuda's Essential Procedures to Notepad.
> 2. In Notepad, Save As "procedure" into logolib
> 3. In MSW Logo : foreach [file>new; file>load "All Files (*.*)"]  individual
> procedure as *.txt
> 4. I verified that the workspace had only one procedure by doing EDALL then
> SAVE & EXIT.
> 5. In the Commander type :  save "procedure name  (i.e. : save "3d_frame )
> 6. Delete all the individual *.txt files from logolib.

> There may be a simpler way.  If so let anyone who knows please post up.

> Basically, this procedure removes .txt and the association to Notepad.  The
> icon representing the file changes from the Notepad Document icon to what
> you see in logolib.  I think it's the "hidden" .txt extension that (as Brian
> noted) needs to be removed permanently.  I think *.txt is somehow implied if
> the icon or association is made to Notepad.

> There's my two bits.
> :-)   edwin

> P.S. - I did not add "erase" but kept the "bury"

I just now understand what your problem is. Notepad tries to act "intelligent"
and appends the extension ".txt" to files saved with Notepad.

To prevent that, save the file as "filename" using double quotes.

Otherwise open a DOS box in the Logolib directory and issue this command:

ren *.txt *.

Otherwise use a filemanager (not explorer) that allows you to change the
extensions of files.

Daniel

LogoForum messages are archived at:
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Fri, 20 Feb 2004 11:28:08 GMT
 [TECHNICAL] [MSW LOGO] Logolib
Quote:

>>I just now understand what your problem is. Notepad tries to act
>>"intelligent"

  and appends the extension ".txt" to files saved with Notepad.

  To prevent that, save the file as "filename" using double quotes.

  Otherwise open a DOS box in the Logolib directory and issue this command:

  ren *.txt *.

  Otherwise use a filemanager (not explorer) that allows you to change the

Quote:
>>extensions of files.

If a file to be saved in LogoLib is generated with MSWLogo for instance,
(but you could use Notepad), save it as a .lgo file in LogoLib. Then load
it (ALT F L)
from LogoLib but without clicking on OPEN. If the file is highlighted and
F2 pressed then a rectangle
appears round the name and it it can be edited as you wish. Press RTN
to fix the change. Pressing ESC will cancel the Load.

Mike

LogoForum messages are archived at:

Fri, 20 Feb 2004 11:32:22 GMT

1. [TECHNICAL] [MSW LOGO] Logolib

2. LOGO-L> Apple logo/MSW Logo

3. [TECHNICAL] use of dynamic scope (was Logolib)

4. [TECHNICAL] use of dynamic scope (was Logolib)

5. Different behaviour - UCBLOGO, MSW-LOGO, TKTS-LOGO

6. Different behaviour - UCBLOGO, MSW-LOGO, TKTS-LOGO

7. LOGO-L> Re: MSW LOGO hardcopy

8. LOGO-L> msw logo: turtling

9. LOGO-L> RE: MSW Logo and Interfacing

10. LOGO-L> MSW-logo and values