LOGO-L> I need help, Nikolay Kravchuk
Author Message
 LOGO-L> I need help, Nikolay Kravchuk

Dear friends

I try to introduce the MSW Logo in my class in Yalta, Crimea, Ukraine =
and study the language step by step myself.

In my text-book the exercises with misprints sometimes:

this one is not working!

Describe the function on Logo  =20

f(x) =3D 2x + 5

the program is

to f :x                        ;this is procedure
output 2 * :x + 5
end                           ;and this part is working

and after we must to build the graphic of this function fitting to =
screen

to grf :dx
make "minx -92 make "maxx 87 make "dx :minx
repeat :maxx - minx [make "dy f :dx pu setx :dx sety :dy pd fd 1 make =
"dx :dx + 1]
end

and this is not working, scolding for phrase (make "dx :minx)
also I need comment what dx and dy are doing in this exersise?
Please help me=20

and with best wishes, Nikolay Kravchuk.

Sat, 05 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 LOGO-L> I need help, Nikolay Kravchuk
Dear Nikolay,

I think, it would be easier  for both of  us to write in Russian,
but in case there could be problems with mail programs, I'm writing
in English.

I think, your task could be solved in a more shaped way, something
like this:

to f :x                        ;this is procedure
output 2 * :x + 5
end                           ;and this part is working

to grf :x
if :x>87 [stop]
pu setxy :x f :x pd fd 1
grf :x+1
end

to main
cs
ht
grf -92
end

Regards,
Olga Tuzova.

Quote:
> Date:          Tue, 18 Apr 2000 04:44:02 -0700

> Subject:       LOGO-L> I need help, Nikolay Kravchuk

> Dear friends

> I try to introduce the MSW Logo in my class in Yalta, Crimea, Ukraine =
> and study the language step by step myself.

> In my text-book the exercises with misprints sometimes:

> this one is not working!

> Describe the function on Logo  =20

> f(x) =3D 2x + 5

> the program is

> to f :x                        ;this is procedure
> output 2 * :x + 5
> end                           ;and this part is working

> and after we must to build the graphic of this function fitting to =
> screen

> to grf :dx
> make "minx -92 make "maxx 87 make "dx :minx
> repeat :maxx - minx [make "dy f :dx pu setx :dx sety :dy pd fd 1 make =
> "dx :dx + 1]
> end

> and this is not working, scolding for phrase (make "dx :minx)
> also I need comment what dx and dy are doing in this exersise?
> Please help me=20

> and with best wishes, Nikolay Kravchuk.

Sat, 05 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. LOGO-L> Re: I need help, Nikolay Kravchuk

2. LOGO-L> Microworlds Help Needed

3. LOGO-L> Re: Help Needed

4. LOGO-L> Need help with variables

5. HELP NEEDED emulating ls -la with glob

6. LOGO-L> I need Logo manual

7. LOGO-L> Logo projects needed for Logosium

8. LOGO-L> Re: Logo needs Bill Gates

9. LOGO-L> Articles needed for Logo Exchange

10. LOGO-L> Logo help for Bombay, India