LOGO-L> LCSI Web Browser PlugIn
Author Message
 LOGO-L> LCSI Web Browser PlugIn

I just put together a web page that uses LCSI's new Web Browser plugin.
The plugin from LCSI ( http://www.*-*-*.com/ ) allows MicroWorlds 2.0
projects to be run over the net.  Check it out if you have a chance and
let me know how it works for you.  The page can be got to by following
the logo link from my home page.  If you don't have the plugin installed
it should direct you to LCSI's site in order to download it.

The plugin, besides making logo projects runable over the net would seem
to open up the possiblity of using Logo (at least MicrWorlds version) as
a WEB authoring tool. Schools that have MicroWorlds already would
especially benifit by one, not having to purchase a new bit of software
to produce animation on their web pages and by two, not having to learn
a new software package.

Regards
--
Frank Caggiano

http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~caggiano

Fri, 21 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 LOGO-L> LCSI Web Browser PlugIn

Quote:

> I just put together a web page that uses LCSI's new Web Browser
> plugin....

Thanks a lot!

Alexander V. Shadrin

http://shdr.child.ru
http://www.child.ru

Fri, 21 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 LOGO-L> LCSI Web Browser PlugIn

Quote:

> I just put together a web page that uses LCSI's new Web Browser plugin.
> The plugin from LCSI (http://www.lcsi.ca) allows MicroWorlds 2.0
> projects to be run over the net.  Check it out if you have a chance and
> let me know how it works for you.

One additional point which may not be clear from my previous post or
LCSI's web page.  You DO NOT NEED MicroWorlds running on your computer
to RUN the web pages, you just need the plugin.  You would only need
MicroWorls to author a web page.

And as it's been mentioned before this only works with Win95 right now.
The major drawback that I see right now to a Mac version is the
incompatablity between MW 2.0 Win 95 projects and MW Mac projects. The
project files aren't compatable which is a big drawback in my opinion.
It would be nice to create projects at home and the PC and bring them
into class or bring home work done at school.  Oh well hopefully LCSI
will allow this in a future release.

Again if you vist my web page let me know what you think, regards.

--
Frank Caggiano

http://www.atlantic.net/~caggiano

Fri, 21 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 LOGO-L> LCSI Web Browser PlugIn

The plug-in is like ShockWave for kids! You can now make web pages
interactive in ways previously unavailable to kids. Please share any cool
examples with me and I'll feature some in an upcoming issue of the Logo
Exchange!

-=Gary Stager
Editor - ISTE's Logo Exchange

Quote:
>The plugin, besides making logo projects runable over the net would seem
>to open up the possiblity of using Logo (at least MicrWorlds version) as
>a WEB authoring tool. Schools that have MicroWorlds already would
>especially benifit by one, not having to purchase a new bit of software
>to produce animation on their web pages and by two, not having to learn
>a new software package.

Fri, 21 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Eiffel web browser plugin?

2. adding Expect functionality to TCL web browser plugin.

3. LOGO-L> Logo Web site

4. LOGO-L> Web page about LOGO

5. LOGO-L> logo web

6. LCSI MicroWorlds : a Logo Implementation

7. uploading LCSI logo

8. elementary question, IBM (LCSI) Logo v 1.0 (!)

9. SPOOL-Output -> Web-Browser

10. LOGO-L> @ Meg Browser

11. LOGO-L> 2 Meg Browser

12. LOGO-L> 2 MEG Browser