LOGO-L> Re: more help!!
Author Message
 LOGO-L> Re: more help!!

Two problems:

You had : b it has to be :b

repeat :b [fd 30 bk 30 rt :d]

The error was saying it can't find ": " (colon space).

Second having a function print a variable is different than a function
outputting a variable to be used by the caller. You a function should
look something like this, I believe.

to a
output :b
end

I have also CC'd this message to the logo users group mailing list.
See the bottom of the MSWLogo web page on how to join the list.

Also check out the Books and links on MSWLogo's web page.

Quote:

> Dear Mr Mills,

> Thanks for your initial help - now it has drawn a line!! But it still
> doesn't work

> I will copy the programme across.
> to a
> show :b
> end

> to h
> setpc [0 255 0] seth :a
> repeat 12 [fd 60 bk 60 rt 30]
> end

> to q
> make "b random 90 cs ht pd
> make "a random 360 seth :a
> make "d sign (180 * :a)
> setpc [255 0 0]
> fd 120 bk 120
> repeat : b [fd 30 bk 30 rt :d]
> fd 120 bk 120
> end

> This is the error message this time!!
> When I type q - to get it to go.  This is what it then says...
> has no value  in q
> [repeat : b [fd 30 bk 30 rt :d]]

> I am sorry if this is wasting your time - but it sure is really very
> helpful.

> Thanks again
> Kersten Watkins

>   ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>                   Name: winmail.dat
>    winmail.dat    Type: DAT File (application/x-unknown-content-type-dat_auto_file)
>               Encoding: base64

George Mills

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 24 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT