LOGO-L> this time without code
Author Message
 LOGO-L> this time without code

;Hello Yehuda Katz

Quote:

>Like you, I enjoy too the flow of 3-D creations by mhelhefni. I would
>like to add my feeling, that the achieving of eye-catching pictures is
>done somewhat on account of "good" Logo programming. I mean mainly the
>excessive unnecessary use of global variables (those MAKE statements).
>To demonstrate my point, I took elhefni's Saddle program, removed all
>the MAKE's, re-arranged a little bit here and there, and that's what I
>got:

to go ; Saddle
turnon3d cs ht
draw 14 10 first questionbox[input step (.5 - 1)][]
end

to turnon3d
perspective
setturtle -1
setxyz 1000 1000 1000
setturtle 0
end

to draw :a :b :step
pu gridx :a :b :step
pu gridz :a :b :step
end

to gridx :a :b :step
for[x -:a :a :step][
   for[z -:b :b :step][
      setxyz :x*15 y*150 :z*15 pd]pu]
end

to gridz :a :b :step
for[z -:b :b :step][
   for[x -:a :a :step][
      setxyz :x*15 y*150 :z*15 pd]pu]
end

to y
op(:x*:x/(:a*:a))-(:z*:z/(:b*:b))
end

>I hope that the creativity of mhelhefni will bring us many more
>interesting and beautiful projects.

;Yes Yehuda; your code is more elegant and I shall rewrite my code of
;the 3-d programs to avoid using "make" ;I think most of the members
;of this list will do the same.
;This month I suddenly was very much e{*filter*}d by the avaialability of the
;3-D extensions of MSWLogo. As you may remember few monthes ago we both
;shared the openion that for the students it was better to use the dos-
;based UCBLogo in order to concentrate on program logic not on windows
;frills.
;I think this is also the reason why I started writing the code for many
;3-D surfaces without even trying to systematically learn MSWLogo.
;George Mills had done a very good work indeed introducing these
;wonderfull extensions.
;Tell where in the world you can find such marvellous pepole as George
;Mills and Brian Harvey who can devote such time and effort to the users
; of there free software;and where on the world you can find better
;members than those of the logo-l.
;Best Regards.
:Mhelhefni

Wed, 15 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 LOGO-L> this time without code

Quote:

> ;Tell where in the world you can find such marvellous pepole as George
> ;Mills and Brian Harvey who can devote such time and effort to the users
> ; of there free software;and where on the world you can find better
> ;members than those of the logo-l.

Nowhere indeed!

Best regards, and I'm looking forward to see more of your creativity.

[[Yehuda]]

Wed, 15 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. WTD: 'ls -lR '->HTML code

2. LOGO-L> without multi-turtles demo

3. LOGO-L> Preparatory activities without computers

4. LOGO-L> Re: Preparatory activities without computer

5. LOGO-L> Preparatory activities without computer

6. LOGO-L> without multi-turtles again

7. LOGO-L> Apple logo/MSW Logo

8. LOGO-L> Time Magazine article

9. LOGO-L> Clocks and the TIME primitive

10. LOGO-L> Managing time and downloading

11. LOGO-L> Thinking aloud at sunrize time