newbe `print' question
Author Message
 newbe `print' question

You all seem so prolific ... I can't even figure
out why something like the following does not give the
results I'd expect (ucblogo) ...

;
; with the intent to print each of four values on a single
line
;
? to s :x1 :x2 :x3 :x4

Quote:
>    print :x1 :x2 :x3 :x4
> end

?
? s 1 2 3 4
You don't say what to do with 2 in s
..
..
..

Or perhaps a better question would be; aren't there any logo
tutorials
left online anywhere ? I found some documents at the Logo
foundation
that are interesting and inspiring but do not serve to well
as
introductory references. I seem to remember that there used
to be a
book online but it seems now to be only for sale, am I
correct ?

Thanks,

Thu, 18 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 newbe `print' question

Quote:

>? to s :x1 :x2 :x3 :x4
>>        print :x1 :x2 :x3 :x4
>> end

Every Logo procedure has a fixed number of inputs that it accepts
by default.  In the case of PRINT this is one input.

Some procedures, including PRINT, will accept a different number of
inputs, provided that the invocation is enclosed in parentheses:

        (print :x1 :x2 :x3 :x4)

One source of information is the HELP command:

    ? help "print
    PRINT thing
    PR thing
    (PRINT thing1 thing2 ...)
    (PR thing1 thing2 ...)

        command.  Prints the input or inputs to the current write stream
        (initially the terminal).  All the inputs are printed on a single
        line, separated by spaces, ending with a newline.  If an input is a
        list, square brackets are not printed around it, but brackets are
        printed around sublists.  Braces are always printed around arrays.

Fri, 19 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. NEWBE: Class-data that isn't! [LONG]

2. NEWBE: Class-data that isn't! [LONG]

3. Newbe question

4. Trebuchet simulation&some newbe question

5. AWK Newbe Question

6. Newbe Execute Question?

7. newbe questions in microworlds pro

8. newbe questions in microworlds pro