Slow down this turtle, please
Author Message
 Slow down this turtle, please

The delay is produced by the "WAIT 1".  COPYDEF replaces the original
movement command procedures with a version that has the delay
inserted into every turtle move.  The rest of SLOWDRAW makes sure
that the original definition can be restored at will.

I too find a slow turtle useful when the action needs to be more
perceptible and "believable".  Usually, I just insert a WAIT 10 at
the end of the MOVE commands.

Cheers!
:-)  edwin

Quote:
> Hi I'm here again finding out interesting things. And asking always
asking

> This is a very speedy turtle, teacher, I can't really see how much
it's
> turning right!
> Interesting point. I found out slowdraw,  it's fantastic and it's
solving my
> problem.
> I've changed a few things and converted it into a slowturn routine
that was
> saved in the Library Procedures.
> Slowdraw makes your fd and bk instructions to be drawn slower and
slowturn
> makes the same but with your rt and lt instruction (I'm talking
about
> MSWLogo (6.4)

> to slowturn :speed
> make "redefp "true
> ; Restore things if already slow
> if primitivep "origleft~
>    [
>    copydef "left "origleft
>    copydef "lt      "origleft
>    erase "origleft
>    ]
> if primitivep "origright~
>    [
>    copydef "right    "origright
>    copydef "rt      "origright
>    erase "origright
>    ]
> ; if a delay was specified define new slow turn routines
> if not :speed = 0~
>    [
>    copydef "origleft "left
>    copydef "origright  "right
>    erase "rt
>    define "rt (list [d] (list "repeat :speed (list "origright
(word ": "d)
> "/ :speed "wait 1)))
>    erase "lt
>    define "lt (list [d] (list "repeat :speed (list "origleft
(word ": "d)
> "/ :speed "wait 1)))
>    copydef "left "lt
>    copydef "right    "rt
>    ]
> make "redefp "false
> end

> I'm not a programmer, so can anybody explain me how this delay is
produced?.
> I could understand why the programmer used

primitivep ,copydef ,"redefp and
Quote:
> wait but I'm not good in managing lists.

> Ana Anticic Lovic
> Buenos Aires - Argentina

LogoForum messages are archived at:
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Tue, 11 May 2004 11:30:47 GMT

1. Slow down this turtle, please

2. Slow down this turtle, please

3. My browser moves too fast - Please help to slow it down

4. Please explain: canvas and font commands slowing down

5. vw2.5 sometimes slows down when large

6. MTIMER slows PB down

7. global floating windows slow down graphics?

8. Slow down utility ???

9. Super security slows down

10. Topspeed DB - Record Filter slow down ?!?

11. Slowing down/freezing until user interrupt & proceed

12. Bizzare slowing down in forms ...