LOGO-L> Semi-Random Songs
Author Message
 LOGO-L> Semi-Random Songs

Hello All,

Olga, Brian, Ray and maybe also others, were talking about composing
random sentences.

An activity I've done several times with my students was to take any
well-known song, and replace in it RANDOMLY certain words, keeping the
general pattern of the song intact.
The activity was a fun for my (20+ years old) students. Here's an
example:

to main ; Semi-Random Song
pr(se[Humpty Dumpty] past [on the] noun)
pr(se[Humpty Dumpty had a] adjective noun)
pr(se[All the King's]plural[and all the King's]plural)
pr(se[Could not] present [Humpty Dumpty back again])
pr "
ifelse rc=char 27[stop][main]            ; Esc to quit
end

to past
op pick[sat went ran dreamed jumped played enjoyed]
end

to noun
op pick[wall floor carpet horse saddle test balcony]
end

to adjective
op pick[big small slow fast bad good sudden rare]
end

to plural
op pick[horses men servants donkeys friends soldiers]
end

to present
op pick[fix put forget disregard rebuild dismantle]
end

Enjoy,

[[Yehuda]]

Fri, 10 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. LOGO-L> Semi-Random Sentences

2. LOGO-L> Semi Circle LABELing in MSWLogo

3. LOGO-L> Random pensize

4. LOGO-L> Revised Random Chosen Balls

5. LOGO-L> random based hexa fractal

6. LOGO-L> random generated penta fractal

7. LOGO-L> random procedures

8. LOGO-L> Random procedures

9. LOGO-L> Random Mazes

10. LOGO-L> random selection

11. LOGO-L> generate random number in MSWLogo

12. LOGO-L> random music