LOGO-L> Fractalic halfmoon
Author Message
 LOGO-L> Fractalic halfmoon

To jest wielocz?ciowa wiadomo?? w formacie MIME.

------=_NextPart_000_01BD0436.8D01EA60

Hi Jehuda

Your mail dated 30.11.1997 with fractalic David Star and Chuck's concept =
of building fractal based on curved lines remind me some old Logo =
problem.

Well known Koch snowflake is a David Star at level 1 (see k1.gif). There =
is a special variation of Koch fractal localized to Iraq and Libya =
(shown in k2.gif) Some people say, that it was sponsored by Mitsubishi =
however.

Niklaus Wirth had developed fractalic W-figure (shown in w1.gif). In =
fact it is a variation of Sierpinski's carpet, but at level 1 it looks =
very similar to another religious symbol.=20
I have not found anything suitable for our Muslim brothers on this area. =
After some exercises I've got a drawing shown in h1.gif, but I'm not =
satisfied yet. (As You guess - it is based on Hibert curve). I thing it =
should be constructed with one continuous curved line and it should look =
like a halfmoon at level 1. Perhaps one of Your students would try to =
improve this figure. You said, that discovering a fractal generator from =
a given final image may be difficult. This time it would be a bit =
harder, because it is no final image yet.=20

Regards,
Andrzej B.=20

------=_NextPart_000_01BD0436.8D01EA60

<encoded_portion_removed>
QAA7

------=_NextPart_000_01BD0436.8D01EA60

<encoded_portion_removed>

------=_NextPart_000_01BD0436.8D01EA60

<encoded_portion_removed>

------=_NextPart_000_01BD0436.8D01EA60

<encoded_portion_removed>
hE74hFAYhVI4hVRYhVZ4hSAREAA7

------=_NextPart_000_01BD0436.8D01EA60--

Fri, 26 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 LOGO-L> Fractalic halfmoon

--------------64002CC7155E

Quote:

> Hi Jehuda

> Your mail dated 30.11.1997 with fractalic David Star and Chuck's concept of building fractal based on curved lines remind me some old Logo problem.

> Well known Koch snowflake is a David Star at level 1 (see k1.gif). There is a special variation of Koch fractal localized to Iraq and Libya (shown in k2.gif) Some people say, that it was sponsored by Mitsubishi however.

> Niklaus Wirth had developed fractalic W-figure (shown in w1.gif). In fact it is a variation of Sierpinski's carpet, but at level 1 it looks very similar to another religious symbol.
> I have not found anything suitable for our Muslim brothers on this area. After some exercises I've got a drawing shown in h1.gif, but I'm not satisfied yet. (As You guess - it is based on Hibert curve). I thing it should be constructed with one continuous curved line and it should look like a halfmoon at level 1. Perhaps one of Your students would try to improve this figure. You said, that discovering a fractal generator from a given final image may be difficult. This time it would be a bit hard

Hi Andrzej B.,

Thank for that. They look great. I'm going to write Logo code of those
animated .gifs.

About your K2: Yes, no doubt, Mitsubishi is pulling the strings behind.

You might want to add the attached "religious" animated .gif to your
collection.

Regards...

[[Yehuda]]

--------------64002CC7155E