LOGO-L> Logo and i18n
Author Message
 LOGO-L> Logo and i18n

Today I was trying to 'translate' Hangman microworld
    http://www.*-*-*.com/
into Slovenian language. There are two problems.

1. The fonts problem. How to write our special characters "c, "s, "z
(č š ž) ?
They are available in the Times New Roman, Courier New, Arial, Verdana,
and other Open Type fonts - but can they be used?
I solved somehow the problem by installing the CE (Central European)
fonts
to my computer (I am working on Windows NT). I am not completely
satisfied with this solution.
Isn't it the time that also Logo community accepts Unicode as a
standard,
as the web community did with HTML 4 ?

2. The built-in labels in some interface elements, such as
    question, OK, Cancel
in the question can't be translated. I remember similar problem ten
years ago
in{*filter*}with labels of parts of text (Figure, Table, Appendix, Index,
...).
It was solved by parameterizing these labels.

Both problems exist also in MSWLogo.

Vlado

Thu, 25 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. LOGO-L> Apple logo/MSW Logo