A few questions !? 
Author Message
 A few questions !?

Greetings to all.

Its a long time since I have been on the forum- I
really don't like the Yahoo interface.

1. I have hooked some of my worksheets onto my Web
Site
   www.rutter.uklinux.net/_sch/c03logo.html .
Look for Logo Danz. I have been using them to deliver
the UK National curriculum to youngsters between 11
and 19 using MSWLogo.
Please give them a spin if they suit your situation.

A few questions that challenged me ( defeated?). In
MSW...

2. How do I print the screen directly to the default
printer under control of the program?

3. Under control of the program how do I browse the
directory tree,
while trying to save or load, in the same way as I
would from the menu?
I need this when writing to a text file (My HTML
Gernerator). I presume this takes me into dll country.

4. How do I find out the full name of the current
working directory.

5. If I wish to send the turtle to a point x,y I have
the command setxy, and setheading, towards etc.
If I wish to send the turtle to a series of points--
no problem.
I wish to send the turtle to a series of points but in
a smooth line,
so there are no noticeable sharp angles on the way!
(This will allow me to plot the movement of the sun on
any particular day across my sundial.)

6. On the Spanish Language Logo Forum
( http://www.*-*-*.com/ )
it was posted that MSW Logo worked under Wine (Penguin
Business) but I can only get the first 4 demos to
work. It won't accept the fill command. Has anyone got
it to do more. I am using Mandrake9.1 and MSW6.5b
Ingles e Espanol.

__________________________________________________
Yahoo! Plus - For a better Internet experience
http://www.*-*-*.com/

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

LogoForum messages are archived at:
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://www.*-*-*.com/



Mon, 28 Nov 2005 07:42:26 GMT  
 A few questions !?

Quote:
----- Original Message -----


Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2003 7:42 AM
Subject: [LogoForum] A few questions !?

> 5. If I wish to send the turtle to a point x,y I have
> the command setxy, and setheading, towards etc.
> If I wish to send the turtle to a series of points--
> no problem.
> I wish to send the turtle to a series of points but in
> a smooth line,
> so there are no noticeable sharp angles on the way!
> (This will allow me to plot the movement of the sun on
> any particular day across my sundial.)

It would be necessary to think like a turtle: turn a little then forward a
little.

I'd say let's do it in 'n' steps - 'n' being a function of how far (:dist)
current point is from next point - then for the first 'n-1' points I'd move
forward as follows: FD :angle/(n-1) then RT :angle/(n-1) or left as the case
maybe then jump to the next point on the 'n'th step.

Paul Dench
www.cowan.edu.au/pa/ecawa/sig/logo/paul_dench/turtle/

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

LogoForum messages are archived at:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LogoForum

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/



Mon, 28 Nov 2005 09:01:36 GMT  
 A few questions !?

Quote:
> -----Original Message-----

> Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2003 7:42 PM

> Subject: [LogoForum] A few questions !?

> Greetings to all.

> Its a long time since I have been on the forum- I
> really don't like the Yahoo interface.

> 1. I have hooked some of my worksheets onto my Web
> Site
>   www.rutter.uklinux.net/_sch/c03logo.html .
> Look for Logo Danz. I have been using them to deliver
> the UK National curriculum to youngsters between 11
> and 19 using MSWLogo.
> Please give them a spin if they suit your situation.

> A few questions that challenged me ( defeated?). In
> MSW...

> 2. How do I print the screen directly to the default
> printer under control of the program?

Good thought, but you can't.

Quote:

> 3. Under control of the program how do I browse the
> directory tree,
> while trying to save or load, in the same way as I
> would from the menu?
> I need this when writing to a text file (My HTML
> Gernerator). I presume this takes me into dll country.

See Paul's response

Quote:

> 4. How do I find out the full name of the current
> working directory.

chdir ".

But the problem is the directory commands don't output, but they should.

Quote:

> 5. If I wish to send the turtle to a point x,y I have
> the command setxy, and setheading, towards etc.
> If I wish to send the turtle to a series of points--
> no problem.
> I wish to send the turtle to a series of points but in
> a smooth line,
> so there are no noticeable sharp angles on the way!
> (This will allow me to plot the movement of the sun on
> any particular day across my sundial.)

You'll have to write your own code to do that.

Quote:

> 6. On the Spanish Language Logo Forum
> (http://mailman.me.gov.ar/mailman/listinfo/logo)
> it was posted that MSW Logo worked under Wine (Penguin
> Business) but I can only get the first 4 demos to
> work. It won't accept the fill command. Has anyone got
> it to do more. I am using Mandrake9.1 and MSW6.5b
> Ingles e Espanol.

try fill in both modes. Try another color depth if the system offers it.
Good luck.


Tue, 29 Nov 2005 11:05:09 GMT  
 
 [ 3 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. few questions odbc + seaside

2. A few questions

3. A few questions from a new member...

4. new to awk few questions

5. few questions mac related

6. A few questions

7. Few questions to ask.

8. few questions about smalltalk

9. A few questions on DLL apps.

10. C4...A few questions

11. a few questions

12. a few questions

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software