LOGO-L> msw logo: turtling
Author Message
 LOGO-L> msw logo: turtling

I have thoroughly enjoyed writing my first program, a set of commands for
children to make adventure games with; during my rambles where I click here
and there ('What happens if I .... ?) I found maketurtle, which has resisted
all my attempts to use it. Can someone show me the correct use and possible
application of the command?

Fri, 04 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 LOGO-L> msw logo: turtling

Quote:
> I have thoroughly enjoyed writing my first program, a set of commands for
> children to make adventure games with; during my rambles where I click here
> and there ('What happens if I .... ?) I found maketurtle, which has resisted
> all my attempts to use it. Can someone show me the correct use and possible
> application of the command?

I don't know if this is what you are interested in or not.  (And, I am sure
there are several that are much more of an expert than me.)  I am working
with PC Logo 2.0 for MSW.  On my toolbar, there is a blue turtle with a
pencil.  If I use my mouse to click this box, I can see the pixcels to make
the turtle.  I can hit the CLEAR button and then make my own 'turtle' shape.
Before leaving the TURTLE SHAPE EDITOR, you need to give your new shape a
name (and then click OK).

To then use this shape, you need to rename the turtle, such as:  SETSHAPE
:BEAR.  When I clicked out of the editor, my graphics immediately showed the
new shape.  To return to the turtle, (SETSHAPE) - note that the setshape is
in parenthesis, so that the computer defaults back to the original shape.  It
is possible to make several different shapes - be sure to name them before
you leave the TURTLE SHAPE EDITOR, and make sure to save your work.

The next time you turn on your computer to Logo, I'm guessing that the turtle
will automatically show up, and for a different shape you will either have to
SETSHAPE or go to the shape editor.

My Logo program also has a folder of shapes which can be loaded, and  called.

Hopefully this is helpful with the question that you asked.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Sun, 06 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. LOGO-L> Apple logo/MSW Logo

2. LOGO-L> Re: MSW LOGO hardcopy

3. LOGO-L> RE: MSW Logo and Interfacing

4. LOGO-L> MSW-logo and values

5. LOGO-L> Re: MSW Logo

6. LOGO-L> Re: MSW LOGO

7. LOGO-L>Please Recursion in MSW-LOGO

8. Different behaviour - UCBLOGO, MSW-LOGO, TKTS-LOGO

9. Different behaviour - UCBLOGO, MSW-LOGO, TKTS-LOGO

11. LOGO-L> diferences between PC Logo and MSW Logo?

12. LOGO-L> Welcome to logo-l