LOGO-L> keyboard size
Author Message
 LOGO-L> keyboard size

A response to Chuck's quote:

Quote:

>..."It's just unfair," says the 32-year-old Ms. Reimann. "I think people
>with small hands are entitled to be comfortable too." It hardly seems an
>unreasonable request. Back when Mozart was composing, piano keys were
>actually narrower than the 15/16 of an inch they are today. Passages that
>were probably a breeze for the boy genius are a stretch for Ms. Reimann.

I don't want to belabor the point, but there's a big difference between what
happens on a computer keyboard and a piano. The typist is not required to
strike more than one key at a time, except for those keys that need the
shift key and there are two of those, while a pianist needs to stretch for
chords and intervals of an octave or more. If {*filter*}s find the smaller
keyboards of the laptops difficult to deal with, I think the kids would have
a worse time.

As to keyboarding skills, my experience has been that if you reinforce a few
of the basics: having both hands on the keyboard and using the left hand for
the left-hand keys and the right hand for the right-hand keys, shift with
the pinky and space bar with the thumbs, the kids will learn to type in an
efficient way.

Rena Schklowsky

Sat, 22 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. LOGO-L> Re: Keyboard commands

2. LOGO-L> Keyboard commands

3. LOGO-L> Size of MicroWorld Programs

4. LOGO-L> variable size pictures

5. LOGO-L> MW file size

6. LOGO-L> Finding the Middle Sized Number

7. LOGO-L> Apple logo/MSW Logo

9. WTD: 'ls -lR '->HTML code

10. LOGO-L> Re: LOGO-L> variable size pictures

11. WriteStream>>size