Looking for Public Domain Version of Logo
Author Message
 Looking for Public Domain Version of Logo

Quote:

> I am looking for a good public domain version of Logo for the
> Windows or OS/2 environments.

> Second to that I would consider an inexpensive version

> These are for home use...

Check out http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~mills

And also check the link to the LOGO.FAQ on that page

Sun, 02 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Looking for Public Domain Version of Logo
I am looking for a good public domain version of Logo for the
Windows or OS/2 environments.

Second to that I would consider an inexpensive version

These are for home use...

Sun, 02 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Looking for Public Domain Version of Logo

Quote:
>I am looking for a good public domain version of Logo for the
>Windows or OS/2 environments.

As no doubt many others will tell you, you may want to look at
http://www.ultranet.com/~mills/

--
%%Vidar Larsen, PVV IDT/NTH/UNIT, <http://www.pvv.unit.no/~fvlarsen/>
/a{def}def/t{translate}a/r{rotate}a/d{dup}a/M{exch}a/m{moveto}a/f{0 0

Mon, 03 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Looking for Public Domain Version of Logo
David ==>

Check out...

     http://www.ultranet.com/~mills

You'll find a full-featured version of Logo for Windows that is arguably as good as
a commercial package.

Regards...Jim Muller

Tue, 04 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Looking for Public Domain Version of Logo
David ==>

Check out...

     http://www.ultranet.com/~mills

You'll find a full-featured version of Logo for Windows that is arguably as good as
a commercial package.

Regards...Jim Muller

Tue, 04 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Looking for Public Domain Version of Logo

Quote:
>%%Vidar Larsen, PVV IDT/NTH/UNIT, <http://www.pvv.unit.no/~fvlarsen/>
>/a{def}def/t{translate}a/r{rotate}a/d{dup}a/M{exch}a/m{moveto}a/f{0 0
>m d 0 M lineto 0 M t}a/s{d f 60 r d 3 div k 60 r d f}a/k{d 1 gt{s -120
>r s pop}{3 mul d f -120 r f}ifelse}a 162 -30 50 200 t r k stroke showpage

Uhhh... this is comp.lang.logo not comp.lan.postscript....
Care to post the LOGO version of that .sig?  ;-)

Mon, 10 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Looking for Public Domain Version of Logo

How about a native OS/2 version of Logo?

David ==>

Quote:

>Check out...

>     http://www.ultranet.com/~mills

>You'll find a full-featured version of Logo for Windows that is arguably as good as
>a commercial package.

>Regards...Jim Muller

Mon, 10 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Looking for Public Domain Version of Logo

Quote:

>How about a native OS/2 version of Logo?

The Berkeley Logo distribution includes C source files.  I would be
delighted if someone with access to OS/2 machines and compilers
wanted to make an OS/2 port!

Tue, 11 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Looking for Public Domain Version of Logo

Quote:

>>%%Vidar Larsen, PVV IDT/NTH/UNIT, <http://www.pvv.unit.no/~fvlarsen/>
>>/a{def}def/t{translate}a/r{rotate}a/d{dup}a/M{exch}a/m{moveto}a/f{0 0
>>m d 0 M lineto 0 M t}a/s{d f 60 r d 3 div k 60 r d f}a/k{d 1 gt{s -120
>>r s pop}{3 mul d f -120 r f}ifelse}a 162 -30 50 200 t r k stroke showpage

>Uhhh... this is comp.lang.logo not comp.lan.postscript....
>Care to post the LOGO version of that .sig?  ;-)

Actually, it is more LOGO than you may think. It is a (small) PS
implementation of simple "LOGO turtle gfx" inspired functionality, in
order to draw a Koch-like fractal, a famous LOGO example.

To translate:
  line one introduces abbreviations.
  the f function is equivalent to FD in LOGO
  the r (basic rotate) is equivalent to a RT in LOGO
  the s function implements the SIDE (see below)
  the k function implements the KOCH (see below)
  the end of the last line prepares and runs the k

LOGO:
TO SIDE :LEN
  FD :LEN
  RT 60
  KOCH :LEN / 3
  RT 60
  FD :LEN
END

TO KOCH :LEN
  IF :LEN > 1
    [SIDE :LEN RT -120 SIDE :LEN]
    [FD 3 * :LEN RT -120 FD 3 * :LEN]
END
(I don't remember; is this the right way to write it-then-else in LOGO?)

run with: RT -30 KOCH 162

Of course, looking at it in LOGO, I think I would rather write it:

TO SIDE :LEN
  IF :LEN > 1
    [FD :LEN RT 60 KOCH :LEN / 3 RT 60 FD :LEN]
    [FD 3 * :LEN]
END

TO KOCH :LEN
  SIDE :LEN RT -120 SIDE :LEN
END

which seems to make more sense, semantically.
This would translate into a new PS-sig like:

/a{def}def/t{translate}a/r{rotate}a/d{dup}a/M{exch}a/m{moveto}a/f{0 0
m d 0 M lineto 0 M t}a /s{d 1 gt{d f 60 r d 3 div k 60 r d f}{d 3 mul
f} ifelse}a /k{s -120 r s pop} a 162 -30 50 200 t r k stroke showpage

which is actually shorter, and better, and lines up nicely on the
length. Thank you for pointing this out to me!

Well, I guess nobody read this far, but I at least got something out
of it: a new sig! (see below...)
--
%%Vidar Larsen, PVV IDT/NTH/UNIT, <http://www.pvv.unit.no/~fvlarsen/>
/a{def}def/t{translate}a/r{rotate}a/d{dup}a/M{exch}a/m{moveto}a/f{0 0
m d 0 M lineto 0 M t}a /s{d 1 gt{d f 60 r d 3 div k 60 r d f}{d 3 mul
f} ifelse}a /k{s -120 r s pop} a 162 -30 50 200 t r k stroke showpage

Wed, 12 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Looking for Public Domain Version of Logo

2. Looking for a good (any) public domain logo

3. Looking for Public Domain Logo / Teaching Computer Science

4. FAQ on public-domain versions of forth?

5. public domain Logo wanted

6. public domain logo for a pc?

7. Public Domain PC Logo ?

8. Public Domain Logo

9. Public domain LOGO / other elementary educational sw

10. Public Domain/Shareware version of Fortran

11. Public Domain MS-DOS version of PROLOG?

12. Public Domain/Shareware version of Fortran