LOGO-L> Animated Painted Shapes in 3D-Logo
Author Message
 LOGO-L> Animated Painted Shapes in 3D-Logo

Yes, but the "FILL" pattern does not always have to be solid.

For example a "FILL" pattern could be a hilbert curve.
Or Yehuda's Tessellations. Anything made up of vectors.

The 3DBITMAP.LGO took this to the extreme by using
vectors of length 1 (also known as DOT, SETPIXEL or FD 0).

So with some thought you can even FILL curved surfaces.

Taking your example one step further.
Instead of using squares try using lines and go across the
bottom edge.

Then try making the bottom "edge" an ARC2 instead of FD 1.

But remember these are all just "tricks" and not how shading
is normally done.

Quote:

> > There are quite a few tricks you can do to "color" or shade
> > your 3D objects in MSWLogo. Here is a hint for one of them.

> > Hint: How would you "FILL" a square in 2D Logo if you had no fill?

> George,

> The attachment shows a square filled without "FILL", it is filled
> with other squares.

> Is it what you meant?

> Regards,
> Olga.

>     ---------------------------------------------------------------
> The following section of this message contains a file attachment
> prepared for transmission using the Internet MIME message format.
> If you are using Pegasus Mail, or any another MIME-compliant system,
> you should be able to save it or view it from within your mailer.
> If you cannot, please ask your system administrator for assistance.

George Mills

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 06 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 LOGO-L> Animated Painted Shapes in 3D-Logo

--------------C2F2F726D2D1CE03F033A878

Here is a crude example:

perspective
cs
rt 45
down 45
setpensize [2 2]
repeat 720 [setpc (list int (255/720*repcount) 0 0) arc2 0.5 100 down 90
fd 100 bk 100 up 90]

George Mills

http://www.softronix.com
--------------C2F2F726D2D1CE03F033A878

<encoded_portion_removed>
W8d1WYt1Xdu9XdzNXd3dXd7tXd/9XeDNsIAAADs=
--------------C2F2F726D2D1CE03F033A878--

Mon, 06 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. LOGO-L> 3D Shapes

2. LOGO-L> Logo - drawing some selected shapes

3. LOGO-L> Logo: Drawing some selected shapes

4. LOGO-L> Animated logo-gif's

5. LOGO-L> Animating Logo Fractals

6. LOGO-L> Logo Animated .gif

7. LOGO-L> Logo Animated .gif

8. LOGO-L> 3D - Logo For Beginners

9. LOGO-L> 3d-logo -cosinudid

10. LOGO-L> Apple logo/MSW Logo

12. LOGO-L> pure glass shapes in UCBLogo