comp.lang.logo, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal
Author Message
 comp.lang.logo, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

Quote:

>> As many of you are aware, this newsgroup is slated
>> for removal on January 31st, 2002.  The vote was
>> taken at the end of last year, and there was a large
>> marjority who wants to see this group removed.

>> If you are a regular reader, you need to make other arrangements.

>> --

>Could someone explain (off-list if appropriate) what this means? I have
>been reading comp.lang.logo for several months and find the discussions
>fascinating. It sounds like it is being removed entirely. Or, is it just
>being moved to some other group? What do I have to do to keep reading
>it?

Your newsgroup isn't going anywhere.

Some {*filter*}wit that calls itself "hipcrime" is trying once again to have fun
the only way it knows how:  By being a pain in the ass.  Hipcrime couldn't
even close it's own fly, much less your newsgroup, so you have nothing to
worry about.

The objective of this dimwit exercise was to try to flood the newsgroup
news.admin.net-abuse.email (NANAE).   This was done my posting the
phoney "warning" messages with a "Followup-to:" header that points to
NANAE, so that all replies would actually be posted to that group.  Many
people don't pay attention when they post a reply, they just assume the
reply will go the same newsgroup the oroginal message was in.  People
who reply to these messages end up creating the flood of noise in NANAE,
which is hipcrime's objective.

Do a Google search for "hipcrime" if you want to find out more.  In short,
hipcrime is a third-rate[1] spammer that got his peepee whacked a few
times by the folks in NANAE, so now he spends a major part of his life
trying to close down the NANAE newsgroup.  He's been at it for quite a
while, and it hasn't worked yet.  He's Usenet's longest-playing failure.

Joe

[1] This may be a generous estimate

Sat, 10 Jul 2004 06:16:39 GMT
 comp.lang.logo, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal
It means that the followup to the message was set to reply to a different
newsgroup.

You replied, which fell right into his plan.

Why would anyone believe this crap?

Quote:

> > As many of you are aware, this newsgroup is slated
> > for removal on January 31st, 2002.  The vote was
> > taken at the end of last year, and there was a large
> > marjority who wants to see this group removed.

> > If you are a regular reader, you need to make other arrangements.

> > --

> Could someone explain (off-list if appropriate) what this means? I have
> been reading comp.lang.logo for several months and find the discussions
> fascinating. It sounds like it is being removed entirely. Or, is it just
> being moved to some other group? What do I have to do to keep reading
> it?
> --
> Lee A. Hart                Ring the bells that still can ring
> 814 8th Ave. N.            Forget your perfect offering
> Sartell, MN 56377 USA      There is a crack in everything
> leeahart_at_earthlink.net  That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Sat, 10 Jul 2004 06:31:42 GMT
 comp.lang.logo, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal
I find this thread quite interesting because I never saw the message
that these people are writing about.

-John

Quote:

> >> As many of you are aware, this newsgroup is slated
> >> for removal on January 31st, 2002.  The vote was
> >> taken at the end of last year, and there was a large
> >> marjority who wants to see this group removed.

> >> If you are a regular reader, you need to make other arrangements.

> >> --

> >Could someone explain (off-list if appropriate) what this means? I have
> >been reading comp.lang.logo for several months and find the discussions
> >fascinating. It sounds like it is being removed entirely. Or, is it just
> >being moved to some other group? What do I have to do to keep reading
> >it?

> Your newsgroup isn't going anywhere.

> Some {*filter*}wit that calls itself "hipcrime" is trying once again to have fun
> the only way it knows how:  By being a pain in the ass.  Hipcrime couldn't
> even close it's own fly, much less your newsgroup, so you have nothing to
> worry about.

> The objective of this dimwit exercise was to try to flood the newsgroup
> news.admin.net-abuse.email (NANAE).   This was done my posting the
> phoney "warning" messages with a "Followup-to:" header that points to
> NANAE, so that all replies would actually be posted to that group.  Many
> people don't pay attention when they post a reply, they just assume the
> reply will go the same newsgroup the oroginal message was in.  People
> who reply to these messages end up creating the flood of noise in NANAE,
> which is hipcrime's objective.

> Do a Google search for "hipcrime" if you want to find out more.  In short,
> hipcrime is a third-rate[1] spammer that got his peepee whacked a few
> times by the folks in NANAE, so now he spends a major part of his life
> trying to close down the NANAE newsgroup.  He's been at it for quite a
> while, and it hasn't worked yet.  He's Usenet's longest-playing failure.

> Joe

> [1] This may be a generous estimate

Sat, 10 Jul 2004 13:32:05 GMT

1. comp.lang.smalltalk.advocacy, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

2. comp.lang.asm370, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

3. comp.lang.asm370, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

4. comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

5. comp.lang.awk, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

6. comp.lang.awk, FINAL NOTICE of newsgroup removal

7. comp.lang.forth, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

8. comp.lang.dylan, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

9. comp.lang.oberon, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

10. comp.lang.pl1, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

11. comp.lang.pop, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

12. comp.lang.rexx, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal