LOGO-L> problems with ver 6.2
Author Message
 LOGO-L> problems with ver 6.2

Quote:

>This may be a problem in your system. I ran your procedure in both 6.1 and
>6.2 and saw no noticeable difference on my 233 Mhz Intel system.

>I could not see a difference between 6.1 and 6.2 either
>on my AGP graphics system. But I did find a problem which
>may effect performance on some machines that have graphics
>cards that are slow relative to their CPU performance. The
>description of the fix is below and it is available for
>download.
>  o Added for 6.2a, Fixed performance problem for when a WINDOWCREATE or
>    DIALOGCREATE exists. When controls such as BUTTONCREATE are in the
>    graphics screen MSWLogo will use a different method for drawing to
>    make sure it does not draw on top of the controls. The speed difference
>    will vary depending on the speed of your graphics card. The problem
>    here was MSWLogo mistook a WINDOWCREATE or DIALOGCREATE as a
>    control in the graphics screen and unnecessarily enabled the alternate
>    (sometimes slower) drawing mode. If you want blazing speed keep
>    your controls in seperate windows.
>Let me know if it fixes it for you because it was hard for
>me to test.

;Helo Jim ! Hello George !
;Thanks for your response.

;Still I am not shure if the problem is due to my pentium 166 mhz cpu
;and my sis pci 1 MB graphics card. or it is due to any other reason
;probably due to my code itself.
;Now let me more precisely describe the problem which I formerly said
;that it was a speed degradation:-

;When I click the scrollbars to change the dimension of the ellipsoid
;(running under ver. 6.2) it redraws the new shape and afterwords it
;clears the old shape, while (under ver 6.1) it seems that the old shape
;is cleard first then the new one is redrawn. So it seems that in the
;period between drawing the updated shape and clearing the old one there
;is a something  resulting that instantaneously for a very short but
;noticable period there is two drawings on the screen.
;Best Regards.
;Mhelhefny
;------------------------

Tue, 16 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 LOGO-L> problems with ver 6.2

Quote:

>This may be a problem in your system. I ran your procedure in both 6.1 and
>6.2 and saw no noticeable difference on my 233 Mhz Intel system.

>I could not see a difference between 6.1 and 6.2 either
>on my AGP graphics system. But I did find a problem which
>may effect performance on some machines that have graphics
>cards that are slow relative to their CPU performance. The
>description of the fix is below and it is available for
>download.
>  o Added for 6.2a, Fixed performance problem for when a WINDOWCREATE or
>    DIALOGCREATE exists. When controls such as BUTTONCREATE are in the
>    graphics screen MSWLogo will use a different method for drawing to
>    make sure it does not draw on top of the controls. The speed difference
>    will vary depending on the speed of your graphics card. The problem
>    here was MSWLogo mistook a WINDOWCREATE or DIALOGCREATE as a
>    control in the graphics screen and unnecessarily enabled the alternate
>    (sometimes slower) drawing mode. If you want blazing speed keep
>    your controls in seperate windows.
>Let me know if it fixes it for you because it was hard for
>me to test.

;Helo Jim ! Hello George !
;Thanks for your response.

;Still I am not shure if the problem is due to my pentium 166 mhz cpu
;and my sis pci 1 MB graphics card. or it is due to any other reason
;probably due to my code itself.
;Now let me more precisely describe the problem which I formerly said
;that it was a speed degradation:-

;When I click the scrollbars to change the dimension of the ellipsoid
;(running under ver. 6.2) it redraws the new shape and afterwords it
;clears the old shape, while (under ver 6.1) it seems that the old shape
;is cleard first then the new one is redrawn. So it seems that in the
;period between drawing the updated shape and clearing the old one there
;is a something  resulting that instantaneously for a very short but
;noticable period there is two drawings on the screen.
;Best Regards.
;Mhelhefny
;------------------------

Tue, 16 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 LOGO-L> problems with ver 6.2

There is nothing wrong with your machine. 6.2a should eliminate
the problem. But if you decide to use controls in the graphics
screen you will see the behavior you described. The behavior you
described is a function of the performance of your graphics card.
The end result will always be correct but what you see in between
and how fast it does it is a function of your graphics card.
Zoomed mode runs in this mode as well.

When not Zoomed and no controls are in graphics screen MSWLogo
kicks in an optimization (which eliminates the need to do some
redrawing).

Quote:

> ;Helo Jim ! Hello George !
> ;Thanks for your response.

> ;Still I am not shure if the problem is due to my pentium 166 mhz cpu
> ;and my sis pci 1 MB graphics card. or it is due to any other reason
> ;probably due to my code itself.
> ;Now let me more precisely describe the problem which I formerly said
> ;that it was a speed degradation:-

> ;When I click the scrollbars to change the dimension of the ellipsoid
> ;(running under ver. 6.2) it redraws the new shape and afterwords it
> ;clears the old shape, while (under ver 6.1) it seems that the old shape
> ;is cleard first then the new one is redrawn. So it seems that in the
> ;period between drawing the updated shape and clearing the old one there
> ;is a something  resulting that instantaneously for a very short but
> ;noticable period there is two drawings on the screen.
> ;Best Regards.
> ;Mhelhefny
> ;------------------------

http://www.softronix.com/

Tue, 16 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. LOGO-L> MSWLogo 6.2 is available

2. Odp: LOGO-L> MSWLogo 6.2 is available

3. LOGO-L> a problem with MSWLogo ver 6.2

4. LOGO-L> MswLogo ver 6.3e

5. LOGO-L> MswLogo ver 6.3d

6. PHP4.2.3 And Netscape 6.2 session problem

7. thread problem? -- python/vtk/IRIX 6.2

8. Dynamic link problems on IRIX 6.2

9. Build problem under IRIX 6.2

10. Tcl/Tk under Redhat 6.2 Problem.

11. Problem with REQUIRE in Allegro 6.2

12. clisp lispinit.mem problem on Irix 6.2