LOGO-L> GIF, PNG, and other lively adventures...
Author Message
 LOGO-L> GIF, PNG, and other lively adventures...

I love animations! Plus I find animation necessary to explain many concepts of
time and motion; things like system dynamics feedback loops, phases of a parser
etc. When I saw all the flap about Unisys wanting royalties for all GIFs, I
decided to see what else is out there. I discovered PNG which surprisingly
loads just fine in both Netscape and IE browsers.

PNG is completely free, including sources, and has some extra features such as
more colors etc. but 2 that I'm going to experiment with are 16-bit gray-scale
and alpha channel transparency. A technique I learned many years ago from the
Disney Animation software is showing previous frames of an animation in
progressively lighter shades of gray. It enables one to "see" several frames at
once, and make it easier to draw the next frame.

I found an excellent explanation of several of the graphics formats, which you
may find interesting for yourself and useful for teaching students:
http://www.*-*-*.com/ :1613708

Bob

"To create New Answers;  you must ask New Questions."
- Bob Gorman
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Fri, 15 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. LOGO-L> Animated logo-gif's

2. LOGO-L> Re: Logo...gif generator question

3. LOGO-L> Logo Animated .gif

4. LOGO-L> Logo Animated .gif

5. LOGO-L> Re: Logo...gif generator question

6. >>>>>How to read a IMAGE file?(BMP, GIF)|||||||||

7. Generating graphics images (png, gif, ...)

8. APL+Win, bitmaps to PNG, JPG, GIF

9. LOGO-L> gif animation

10. LOGO-L> Moire GIF animation

11. LOGO-L> .gif in MSWLogo