IlluminateDrawing.lgo
Author Message
 IlluminateDrawing.lgo

I have uploaded a MSWLogo program that I hope can be improved upon by
others.

The program is simply for seeing the result of using 3D. I attempted to make
it possible to interactively change most of the important things that can be
done in 3D mode. Using ScrollBars, the light (Ambient and Diffuse), roll,
pitch and heading can be changed and the drawing is automatically re-drawn.
The position that the image is viewed from can be changed by right-clicking
the mouse.

My previous message asking about interrupting the processing when a
ScrollBar is scrolled seems to be not relevant; this program seems to get
interrupted quite well.

Some of the improvements I think that would be worthwhile are to draw an
"eye" in the position of the -1 turtle to indicate where the drawing is
viewed from. Also, I need to somehow document better the use of the mouse
for changing the -1 turtle position.

I am still learning 3D (I am still learning 2D) and I think this dialog will
help me at least to visualize better the 3D world.

LogoForum messages are archived at:
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 16 Feb 2004 20:22:50 GMT
 IlluminateDrawing.lgo
I am sorry; I suppose I should have been more explicit about where I
uploaded the program to. It is in the LogoForum group files at:

> I have uploaded a MSWLogo program that I hope can be improved upon by
> others.

> The program is simply for seeing the result of using 3D. I attempted to
make
> it possible to interactively change most of the important things that can
be
> done in 3D mode. Using ScrollBars, the light (Ambient and Diffuse), roll,
> pitch and heading can be changed and the drawing is automatically
re-drawn.
> The position that the image is viewed from can be changed by
right-clicking
> the mouse.

> My previous message asking about interrupting the processing when a
> ScrollBar is scrolled seems to be not relevant; this program seems to get
> interrupted quite well.

> Some of the improvements I think that would be worthwhile are to draw an
> "eye" in the position of the -1 turtle to indicate where the drawing is
> viewed from. Also, I need to somehow document better the use of the mouse
> for changing the -1 turtle position.

> I am still learning 3D (I am still learning 2D) and I think this dialog
will
> help me at least to visualize better the 3D world.

> LogoForum messages are archived at:

LogoForum messages are archived at:

Mon, 23 Feb 2004 20:10:24 GMT

1. IlluminateDrawing.lgo

2. A multilingual utility to define color operations - colors.lgo (0/1)

3. a startup file for MSWLogo - startup.lgo (0/1)

4. Associating .LGO with LOGO.EXE in Win95

5. Doctor.lgo

6. save lgo-files in a special subdir

7. save lgo-files in a special subdir

8. Snowflake fractal for MSWLogo (ATTACHMENT) - snow1.lgo (0/1)

9. a startup file for MSWLogo - startup.lgo (0/1)