LOGO-L> animated fractal gifs
Author Message
 LOGO-L> animated fractal gifs

I thought that what Olga and Yehuda showed us was really neat, so I had a try
at it myself.

Managed to emulate the Koch's animated fractal gif (thanks Yehuda for sending a
copy to my other address) but here are a couple of little technical problems
that arose, that I'd like some help with:-

1. when I did bitsave on mswLogo it saved it in 24 colours (I think it was) --
hence initially when I tried to convert the *.bmp to *.gif the paint converter
couldn't even read the file.
  luckily I tried MSPaint and this read the 24 colour *.bmp and then I could
convert over to 256 colour.

2. the version Yehuda sent me blends naturally into the Netscape page
background but the version I made has the bitmap "setactivearea" selection I
made as the background, which doesn't look as good.

At any rate these are minor irritations -- thanks again Olga / Yehuda for
wonderful new method of promoting logo to the new generation of web browser
enthusiasts.
mmmm .... think I'd like to work on a fractal tree and make it grow a bit each
time in the animated gif version ....

-- Bill Kerr

Fri, 10 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 LOGO-L> animated fractal gifs

Quote:

> I thought that what Olga and Yehuda showed us was really neat, so I had a try
> at it myself.

> Managed to emulate the Koch's animated fractal gif (thanks Yehuda for sending a
> copy to my other address) but here are a couple of little technical problems
> that arose, that I'd like some help with:-

> 1. when I did bitsave on mswLogo it saved it in 24 colours (I think it was) --
> hence initially when I tried to convert the *.bmp to *.gif the paint converter
> couldn't even read the file.
>   luckily I tried MSPaint and this read the 24 colour *.bmp and then I could
> convert over to 256 colour.

> 2. the version Yehuda sent me blends naturally into the Netscape page
> background but the version I made has the bitmap "setactivearea" selection I
> made as the background, which doesn't look as good.

> At any rate these are minor irritations -- thanks again Olga / Yehuda for
> wonderful new method of promoting logo to the new generation of web browser
> enthusiasts.
> mmmm .... think I'd like to work on a fractal tree and make it grow a bit each
> time in the animated gif version ....

Hello Bill,

My congratulations.

Do it, and let us all enjoy your creation.

[[Yehuda]]

Fri, 10 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 LOGO-L> animated fractal gifs

--------------68C85BEA879

George Mills wrote (abridged):

Quote:

> > I thought that what Olga and Yehuda showed us was really neat, so I had a try
> > at it myself.

> > Managed to emulate the Koch's animated fractal gif (thanks Yehuda for sending > > a copy to my other address) but here are a couple of little technical prolems > > that arose, that I'd like some help with:-

> > 2. the version Yehuda sent me blends naturally into the Netscape page
> > background but the version I made has the bitmap "setactivearea" selection I
> > made as the background, which doesn't look as good.
> I don't know what Yehuda uses for background colors but you can set the
> background color to anything you want.

Hello Bill,

Several software packages that let you convert your graphics into .gif
format, like LViewPro or Paint Shop Pro, have the ability to change the
background color.
If you want your background to blend with the Netscape backgroud use
color 192-192-192 in the RGB scale.

Quote:
> The screen snapshot and gif conversion tool may be doing something for him as
> well.

I run UCBLogo (BL version) under Win95, and capture the screen by
standard Windows procedure.

Quote:
> By the way Paint Shop Pro is a great tool for mucking with images.

True, but beware of BLACKS as Netscape converts them to transparent.

Hope this helps you,

Regards...

[[Yehuda]]

--------------68C85BEA879

<encoded_portion_removed>
--------------68C85BEA879--

Fri, 10 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 LOGO-L> animated fractal gifs

Quote:

> I thought that what Olga and Yehuda showed us was really neat, so I had a try
> at it myself.

> Managed to emulate the Koch's animated fractal gif (thanks Yehuda for sending a
> copy to my other address) but here are a couple of little technical problems
> that arose, that I'd like some help with:-

> 1. when I did bitsave on mswLogo it saved it in 24 colours (I think it was) --
> hence initially when I tried to convert the *.bmp to *.gif the paint converter
> couldn't even read the file.
>   luckily I tried MSPaint and this read the 24 colour *.bmp and then I could
> convert over to 256 colour.

> 2. the version Yehuda sent me blends naturally into the Netscape page
> background but the version I made has the bitmap "setactivearea" selection I
> made as the background, which doesn't look as good.

> At any rate these are minor irritations -- thanks again Olga / Yehuda for
> wonderful new method of promoting logo to the new generation of web browser
> enthusiasts.
> mmmm .... think I'd like to work on a fractal tree and make it grow a bit each
> time in the animated gif version ....

I don't know what Yehuda uses for background colors but you can set the
background
color to anything you want. There may be a "color" that is reserved as
transparent
for Netscape/WWW stuff. Perhaps set the background to Black which is
what UCBLogo
does and Yehuda uses. The screen snapshot and gif conversion tool may be
doing something
for him as well.

Note that MSWLogo will save bitmaps in what ever Video Mode your in.
If your in 24 bit mode you get 24 bit .BMPs. One of these days I'll
allow
it to down convert but it's a very subjective process. By the way Paint
Shop Pro
is a great tool for mucking with images.

By the way you don't have to save the image to disk. You can just copy
the image to the clipboard with BITCOPY and paste it into which ever
application
you like and the reverse is true as well by copying the image from any
application
and use BITPASTE in MSWLogo to retrieve it.

http://www.softronix.com/

Sat, 11 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. LOGO-L> Animated Koch's Fractal

2. LOGO-L> animated gifs