LOGO-L> 3d extensions to UCBLogo
Author Message
 LOGO-L> 3d extensions to UCBLogo

;Hello Turtlers
;It was Exciting that George Mills has added 3-d exetensions to MSWLogo
;People tried to portray the visual world on a flat screen long befor
;the creation of computers.Generally there are several methods of
;representing 3-d objects on paper,the most famous are the following
;1: Oblique drawing
;2: Isometric drawing
;3: Perspective drawing
;Both oblique & isometric drawings portray an object by fixing the axis
;with respect to the horizontal.
;In oblique drawing the z axis has a consistent angle of 30 degrees to
;the x axis, both the x and y axis are the same at 90 degrees from each
;other.
;In isometric drawings the y axis remains vertical while both the x axis
;and the z axis are spaced 120 degrees from the vertical.
;While isometric drawing is superior to oblique;Only the perspective
;is the only truly accurate method of illustrating a real object.
;Two florentine architects Filippo Brunelleschi and Leon Batista Alberti
;developed the perspictive ideas in the fif{*filter*}th century.
;Now I had developped a single library procedure to add isometric
;capability to UCBLogo and to all similar 2-d Logos.
;Of course this is just a simple and trivial solution to the lack of
;real 3-d exetensions. However this simple approch clearly shows the
;real Beuty of the LOGO languge.
;I take the freedom to suggest the addition of this library procedure
;to Brian Harvey The creator of the wonderfull UCBLogo. to the regular
;library of UCBLogo.
;You will be astonished to know that all the code which I have posted
;during the past two monthes in MSWLogo and which George Mills was so
;kind to generate and attach there gif attachments, was run under UCBLogo
;using this lib. procedure.
;Here is the code to generate an isometric viewof a cylinder in cylindrical
;coordinates.
;In the following days I shall post the code for many many shapes in
;UCBLogo.
;Best Regards.
;Mhelhefni
;------------------------------------------------------
to cylinder1 :xyz :a :b
for [fi 0 360 20][for [y 0 :a 20][cyly :xyz :b :fi :y pd]pu]
end

to cylinder2 :xyz :a :b
for [y 0 :a 20][for [fi 0 360 20][cyly :xyz :b :fi :y pd]pu]
end

to cyly :xyz :r :fi :y
;a revised procedure for cylindrical coordinates.
make "x1 item 1 :xyz make "y1 item 2 :xyz make "z1 item 3 :xyz
setxyz :x1+ :r*cos :fi :y1+ :y  :z1+ :r*sin :fi
end

to go
cs ht pu
cylinder1 [0 0 0] 200 100
cylinder2 [0 0 0] 200 100
end

to setxyz :a :b :c
;this is the proposed library procedure.
setxy (:a- :c)*cos 30 :b- (:a+ :c)*sin 30
end
;---------------------------------------------------

Mon, 24 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 LOGO-L> 3d extensions to UCBLogo

Quote:

>to setxyz :a :b :c
>;this is the proposed library procedure.
>setxy (:a- :c)*cos 30 :b- (:a+ :c)*sin 30
>end

What do other people think?  It doesn't cost much to add a procedure
to the library, but I'd feel a little funny about claiming to support
3D without having turtle-like (as opposed to Cartesian) commands for
moving through 3-space (i.e., the fd, roll, pitch, yaw that George
provides).

Fri, 28 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 LOGO-L> 3d extensions to UCBLogo

 >>to setxyz :a :b :c
 >>;this is the proposed library procedure.
 >>setxy (:a- :c)*cos 30 :b- (:a+ :c)*sin 30
 >>end
 >
 >What do other people think?  It doesn't cost much to add a procedure
 >to the library, but I'd feel a little funny about claiming to support
 >3D without having turtle-like (as opposed to Cartesian) commands for
 >moving through 3-space (i.e., the fd, roll, pitch, yaw that George
 >provides).

There have been LOGO with 3D features since 1985.
See 3D-LOGO in
        http://www.vector.co.jp/vpack/filearea/dos/prog/logo/index.html
if you understand Japanese.

Tue, 02 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. LOGO-L> 3d isometric code in UCBLogo

2. LOGO-L> 3 d extensions to UCBLogo

3. LOGO-L> MSWLogo 3D-extensions;Ellipsoid

4. LOGO-L> 3d-extensions,ellipsoid

5. LOGO-L> 3D - Logo For Beginners

6. LOGO-L> 3d-logo -cosinudid

7. LOGO-L> GUI for UCBLogo

8. LOGO-L> About UCBlogo

9. LOGO-L> pure glass shapes in UCBLogo

10. LOGO-L> About UCBlogo

11. LOGO-L> setxyz and screw in UCBLogo

12. LOGO-L> ellipsoid and paraboloid in UCBLogo