LOGO-L> Free sample issue of Logo Exchange available online
Author Message
 LOGO-L> Free sample issue of Logo Exchange available online

Dear Friend:

As many of you probably know, I recently became editor of ISTE's Logo
Exchange journal. Some of you are unaware of this six{*filter*} year-old
publication dedicated to supporting the Logo community. Others of you are
past subscribers. I invite you to become part of the Logo Exchange
community.

The "new" Logo Exchange is dedicated to serving Logo-using educators by
providing a quarterly collection of practical classroom ideas, research
you can use, provocative commentary, news and reviews. Educational
computing leaders including, Seymour Papert, David Thornburg, Bob Tinker,
Fred D'Ignazio, Brian Harvey and Tom Lough. This year's International
Issue will feature articles by colleagues in Australia, New Zealand,
Saudia Arabia and Russia. Logo Exchange has a new look too! Emmy Award
Winner, Peter Reynolds, is our art director and provides wonderful
illustrations in each issue. Some of you may know Peter if he painted
your name badge at a NECC Conference.

I spent the past several weeks assembling a web-based version of this
year's first issue as a way of introducing you to Logo Exchange. Please
read the articles, share the URL with colleagues and consider subscribing
right away to avoid missing the next issue featuring a recent speech by
Seymour Papert.

You may find the online free sample issue of Logo Exchange at:

http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~gstager/logoexchange

See you in Logo Exchange,

Gary

Wed, 24 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 LOGO-L> Free sample issue of Logo Exchange available online

<snip>

Quote:
> Others of you are
> past subscribers. I invite you to become part of the Logo Exchange
> community.

> The "new" Logo Exchange is dedicated to serving Logo-using educators
<snip>

> You may find the online free sample issue of Logo Exchange at:

> http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~gstager/logoexchange

> See you in Logo Exchange,

Gary, great online presentation of the Logo Exchange. I have received
free sample issues of the Exchange in the past and found them
interesting.  But for someone outside an institution they are too
expensive.  They are not worth $34.00 for four issues.  Though from the
looks of this issue I am sorely tempted.

Not all of us within the logo community are professional "other"
educators.  That is we are amateur "self" educators.  So cannot afford
institutional prices.

I predict, as I have said a couple times and implied many times on this
wonderful logo list, that I think that I and a million(in the US)
family/student directed homeschoolers(read Grace Llewellyn's books
starting with "The {*filter*}age Liberation Handbook") are the wave of the
future.

And logo is no doubt part of the future.  So I have been "pushing" it
within the homeschooling community since I became aware of it a couple
years ago.      Dale

Wed, 24 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 LOGO-L> Free sample issue of Logo Exchange available online

Quote:

> You may find the online free sample issue of Logo Exchange at:

> http://moon.pepperdine.edu/~gstager/logoexchange

> See you in Logo Exchange,

Just tried it, but your click here button is not a link. Could you rectify
this, or at least post the Web address for the page it is supposed to link
to.

Robert Kensit
London

Thu, 25 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. LOGO-L> Articles needed for Logo Exchange

2. LOGO-L> Great article available online

3. LOGO-L> Pioneer Logo available

4. LOGO-L> Free Logo Teaching Materials

5. LOGO-L> Apple logo/MSW Logo

7. LOGO-L> Invitation to contribute to special issue of Logo Exchange

8. LOGO-L> Wanted! Articles for next Logo Exchange Issue

9. The Great Logo Adventure book is now available online

10. Object Magazine Online - New June Issue - FREE NEW ONLINE WEB JOURNAL

11. Object Magazine Online - New June Issue - FREE NEW ONLINE WEB JOURNAL

12. Object Magazine Online - New June Issue - FREE NEW ONLINE WEB JOURNAL