Turtle Geometry
Author Message
 Turtle Geometry

Does anyone know where on the internet is there any info about
turtle _geometry_, NOT Logo programming?

Cound you please answer to my e-mail address (I don't have a news
provider).

Wed, 15 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Turtle Geometry

Quote:

> Does anyone know where on the internet is there any info about
> turtle _geometry_, NOT Logo programming?

But all the discussion is about _turtle geometry_ and not Logo.
I assume you have read Abelson & diSessa "Turtle Geometry" - a most
dubious geometry using a virtual ruler and protractor and denying the
compass upon which it implicitly relies!

Micheal O Duill

Sat, 18 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Turtle Geometry

Quote:

> Does anyone know where on the internet is there any info about
> turtle _geometry_, NOT Logo programming?

> Cound you please answer to my e-mail address (I don't have a news
> provider).

I'm not sure exactly what you mean.

But if you love Logo for Geometry check out MSWLogo.

Rather than just "polar" geometry (which is what the turtle is)
you can do spherical Geometry (3D) with MSWLogo. There is a
also a powerful "curve" function I call ELLIPSEARC. Which ARC,
CIRCLE, and ELLIPSE are all derived from.

George Mills

http://www.softronix.com

Sat, 18 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Turtle Geometry and Fortran (fwd)

2. free turtle geometry/ logo like environment

3. Turtle Geometry and Fortran

4. LOGO-L>My DOS turtle needs to become an NT turtle

5. Help: My DOS turtle needs to become an NT turtle

6. Robot Turtle...(Terapin Turtle)...need info...

7. Robot Turtle...(Terapin Turtle)...need info...

8. Searching for Geo-Logo / Turtle Math / Turtle Paths

9. Searching for Geo-Logo / Turtle Math / Turtle Paths

10. Searching for Geo-Logo / Turtle Math / Turtle Paths

11. tk 4.0b1 geometry control (-geometry vs -width/-height)

12. LOGO-L> Talk turtle - Play turtle?