Berkeley Logo 5.1 (freeware) available
Author Message
 Berkeley Logo 5.1 (freeware) available

Is it my machine? Do I have a glitch? Or what?
Whenever I try to access the UCBLogo download I always get a 'hang' and the
message 'negotiating transfer'. This happened with the previous downloads
and it's stopping me accessing 5.1

Does anyone else have this problem? If not, then my machine must have a wee
gremlin lurking inside its gizzards.

Quote:
>Release 5.1 of Berkeley Logo is now available by anonymous FTP or Web.

LogoForum messages are archived at:
http://www.*-*-*.com/

---

Fri, 16 Jan 2004 13:08:12 GMT
 Berkeley Logo 5.1 (freeware) available

Is it my machine? Do I have a glitch? Or what?
 You're not alone! I too have not yet after 2 hrs of trying downloaded the
Windows version I have downloaded the DOS version, but it doesn't run.  I
believe the Windows problem is due to the permissions setting on the
ucbwlogosetup.exe  & ucbwlogo51setup.exefiles.  DOS, I don't know. I ran
blogo.exe which expanded ok. Then installu -d d:\UCB51 which also seems to
have expanded ok, including sub directories. However  I then switched to
the UCBLOGO subdirectory & typed: UCBLOGO Nothing happens, it simply
returns to the DOS prompt very quickly.
Whenever I try to access the UCBLogo download I always get a 'hang' and the
message 'negotiating transfer'. This happened with the previous downloads
and it's stopping me accessing 5.1
 This could well be your download mage program. Occasionally, on some
files, you have to shut it down, and use your browsers default "Save link
as" software...  However, in this case, I believe it's the permission
setting, which the mages aren't swift enough detect or report.
Does anyone else have this problem? If not, then my machine must have a wee
gremlin lurking inside its gizzards.
 Bob "To create New Answers;  you must ask New Questions." - Bob Gorman
<http://www.kncell.org/  eudora="autourl">http://www.kncell.org

LogoForum messages are archived at:

<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> Yahoo! Terms of Service.

Fri, 16 Jan 2004 13:29:19 GMT
 Berkeley Logo 5.1 (freeware) available

Quote:

>Is it my machine? Do I have a glitch? Or what?
>Whenever I try to access the UCBLogo download I always get a 'hang' and the
>message 'negotiating transfer'. This happened with the previous downloads
>and it's stopping me accessing 5.1

For the first few hours, the permissions on the Windows version were wrong,
so nobody could download it.  I'm not aware of problems with the other
versions, and the Windows one is now fixed.  Because crossposting between
Logo-L and comp.lang.logo takes a while, I'm not sure if your original
message was sent before or after I fixed the Windows problem.

But if it's happened with previous downloads, it sounds like you're
having trouble using anonymous FTP.

But I'll modify my web page to allow HTTP downloading as well as FTP
downloading.  See if that works.  (Try it after noon Monday 30 July.)

Fri, 16 Jan 2004 17:59:59 GMT

1. Berkeley Logo 5.1 (freeware) available

2. Berkeley Logo 5.1 (freeware) available

3. Berkeley Logo 5.1 - not yet downloaded successfully

4. Berkeley Logo 5.3 released (freeware)

5. Berkeley Logo 5.2 available for download

6. Berkeley Logo 3.0 available

7. Berkeley Logo 3.3 available

8. Berkeley Logo 4.1 available for downloading

9. Berkeley Logo 2.9 available

10. Free Berkeley Logo version 3.2 available

11. MswLogo V3.0 (Berkeley Logo for Windows) is now available

12. Berkeley Logo version 2.7 available