LOGO-L> Regular 3-D bodies
Author Message
 LOGO-L> Regular 3-D bodies

;hello george Mills
;Here is the 3-D code for one of the most famous regular multi face
;bodies really I did not know its name. In an old russian mathematical hand-
;book by Broneshtien & {*filter*}diaev,this body is called "dodecaeder".
;the code shows that I had drawn it by spletting it in two halves each
;with different coulor and drawn with separate turtle.
;Such very nice bodies when you draw them without hidden lines, are very
;difficult to grasp if hidden lines are not removed.
;The choice of the point where the second half was started was  found by
;trial and error as shown by the numbers 1.44, .044 and -2.16; alas I had
;no time to try finding these values analytically. The hand book has a table
;for the faces(=10),the number of sides(=30),the number of verticies(=20)
;the total surface area(=20.6457*a^2) and the volume(=8.66*a^3);where a is
;side length.
;Best regards
;Mhelhefni
;----------------------------------------------------------------
to go
make "size 90
perspective cs ht
setturtle -1 setxyz 800 500 500
setturtle 1 setpc [255 0 0] ht pu
setxyz 1.44* :size .044* :size -2.16* :size
pd lp :size
setturtle 2 setpc [0 0 255] ht rp :size
end

to lp :size
repeat 5[lr 62.5 rpent :size rr 62.5 fd :size lt 72]
end

to lpent :size
repeat 5[fd :size lt 72]
end

to rp :size
repeat 5[lr 62.5 lpent :size rr 62.5 fd :size rt 72]
end

to rpent :size
repeat 5[fd :size rt 72]
end
;---------------------------------------------------------------

Sun, 05 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 LOGO-L> Regular 3-D bodies

--Message-Boundary-1623

Quote:

> Date:          Wed, 17 Sep 1997 07:36:34 +0000 (O)
> Subject:       LOGO-L> Regular 3-D bodies

> ;hello george Mills
> ;Here is the 3-D code for one of the most famous regular multi face
> ;bodies really I did not know its name. In an old russian mathematical hand-
> ;book by Broneshtien & {*filter*}diaev,this body is called "dodecaeder".
> ;the code shows that I had drawn it by spletting it in two halves each
> ;with different coulor and drawn with separate turtle.
> ;Such very nice bodies when you draw them without hidden lines, are very
> ;difficult to grasp if hidden lines are not removed.
> ;The choice of the point where the second half was started was  found by
> ;trial and error as shown by the numbers 1.44, .044 and -2.16; alas I had
> ;no time to try finding these values analytically. The hand book has a table
> ;for the faces(=10),the number of sides(=30),the number of verticies(=20)
> ;the total surface area(=20.6457*a^2) and the volume(=8.66*a^3);where a is
> ;side length.
> ;Best regards
> ;Mhelhefni
> ;----------------------------------------------------------------
> to go
> make "size 90
> perspective cs ht
> setturtle -1 setxyz 800 500 500
> setturtle 1 setpc [255 0 0] ht pu
> setxyz 1.44* :size .044* :size -2.16* :size
> pd lp :size
> setturtle 2 setpc [0 0 255] ht rp :size
> end

> to lp :size
> repeat 5[lr 62.5 rpent :size rr 62.5 fd :size lt 72]
> end

> to lpent :size
> repeat 5[fd :size lt 72]
> end

> to rp :size
> repeat 5[lr 62.5 lpent :size rr 62.5 fd :size rt 72]
> end

> to rpent :size
> repeat 5[fd :size rt 72]
> end
> ;---------------------------------------------------------------

Though it's George's privilege to make attachments with Mhelhefny's
skillful 3D-shapes, I'm sending a result of the  "body's" processing
in PhotoShop. There the painting was done and the removing of the
invisible lines as well.

Just now I've got the post with the code for painted 3D-body, it
would look just the same, if the sides(?) of it were painted with
different colors.

But, what have we to do with the invisible lines?

Regards, Olga.

--Message-Boundary-1623

If you are using Pegasus Mail, or any another MIME-compliant system,