LOGO-L> Recursion Overhead
Author Message
 LOGO-L> Recursion Overhead

Hi,

When we were discussing on this list program LATTICE you asked if I
could have the turtle draw the extreme edges in full, and if I could
reduce the overhead of drawing/filling several times the same
segments/areas.

I said that I thought that it could be done by brute force. You said
that you thought that it could be done without brute force.

Have you any idea how to do it? If you find a solution it will turn
upside-down the contents of one of my courses, that of Recursive
Graphics.

to main ; lattice
setbg 0 setpc 4
cs ht
do 20 10 5
end

to do :long :wide :count
repeat 6[pattern :long :wide :count rt 60]
end

to pattern :long :wide :count
if :count<1[stop]
repeat 2[fd :long rt 120 fd :wide rt 60]
fill_it   ; REM it for faster but no color
lt 120
do :long :wide :count-1
rt 120
fd :wide lt 120 fd :long
end

to fill_it
pu
setpc int dist 0 0
rt 20 fd :long/2
fill
bk :long/2 lt 20
pd
setpc 4
end

Regards...

[[Yehuda]]

Sat, 04 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. LOGO-L>Please Recursion in MSW-LOGO

2. LOGO-L> Understanding Recursion

3. LOGO-L> persian recursion

4. LOGO-L> persian rug recursion

5. LOGO-L> Real World Recursion

6. LOGO-L> Follow up on recursion performance

7. LOGO-L> Re: Recursion

8. LOGO-L> Recursion

9. LOGO-L> Recursion (crosspost)

10. LOGO-L> Recursion

11. RECURSION RECURSION RECURSION ... AAARRGGHHHH

12. LOGO-L> Apple logo/MSW Logo