LOGO-L> Re: Using Command Line Options
Author Message
 LOGO-L> Re: Using Command Line Options

As the old saying goes, "a picture is worth a 1000 words".

Quote:

> Hi,

> Here's a screenshot of the attributes of my shortcut (Hebrew Win98). MSWLogo is installed on my F: drive.
> #WELCOME is the name of the file to be launched together with Logo, and it resides in a subdirectory of MSWLogo, named
> WELCOME.

> [Image]

> > In your favorite text editor, write a file STAR.BAT (plain ASCII, not
> > fancy word processor formats) containing the line
> >         logo -l star.lgo
> > This assumes that Logo is in a directory that's in your path; if not,
> > you might have to put the complete path, e.g.,
> >         c:\MSWLogo\mswlogo -l star.lgo

> > The star.bat file should then be double-clickable and you should be able
> > to put a shortcut on the desktop.

> Regards,

> Yehuda

>     _/    _/     _/ _/_/_/_/_/ _/_/_/_/
>    _/   _/     _/_/    _/          _/
>   _/_/_/     _/  _/   _/        _/
>  _/   _/   _/_/_/_/  _/      _/
> _/     _/_/      _/ _/     _/_/_/_/

> Visit my Logo website at:
> http://www.*-*-*.com/

Wed, 02 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 LOGO-L> Re: Using Command Line Options

Quote:
>Thank you Yehuda (and all the others kind answer givers),
>Maybe I did not explain my question. I want the program to be executed by
>pressing the shortcut.
>This I did not succeed doing. Is it possible?

>I made a program named Goodday (with a single procedure (named Goodday)
>that prints [Good Day] in the text screen. I put the program in a
>directory called Goodday in MSWLogo directory. Than I created a shortcut
>like you have done. At first it launched logo but printed a message that
>the file could not be found. when I added ".lgo" at the end of the file
>name in the target it launched logo with the program but without executing it.
>How can I make the shortcut not only load the program but also to execute
>the procedure Goodday automatically?

Daniel,

Make a variable named startup and give it a value of a list containing the
name of your procdure:

make "startup [GoodDay]

and just then save your program.

Search for topic STARTUP in the Help file for further explanation.

Regards

Peter Tomcsanyi

Fri, 04 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 LOGO-L> Re: Using Command Line Options

I'm way behind on my mail by now, so you probably already have an
answer to this, but in case not:

Put
        MAKE "STARTUP [GOODDAY]
in your file.  Logo will run the instruction(s) in the STARTUP variable,
if any, when it loads the file.

Thu, 10 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. LOGO-L> Re: Using Command Line Options

2. LOGO-L> Using Command Line Options

3. command line options for old viscob and vclink commands

4. LOGO-L> Logo commands

5. Command line options in awk scripts?

6. Problem loading parcels via command-line options

7. Command line options for Visual works 2.5/2.0

8. Executable command line options

9. Command Line Options for Clean Compilers?

10. Command line options parser?

11. Help: How to read command line options

12. Help: How to read command line options