New file uploaded to LogoForum
Author Message
 New file uploaded to LogoForum
Wow - VERY nice. Personally, I'd call it 'windblown grass'. Is the code
available for study?

Quote:
>Hello,

>This email message is a notification to let you know that
>a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the LogoForum
>group.

>   File        : /tree.jpg

>   Description : Logo fractal tree

>You can access this file at the URL

> http://www.*-*-*.com/ %2Ejpg

Fri, 20 Jun 2003 06:30:49 GMT
 New file uploaded to LogoForum

Quote:

> Description : Logo fractal tree

Now that is Logo for sure.  Beautiful odonata!

Interesting that Monika's Christmas Tree and now your models are different
than what we are used to here on the LogoForum. Normally the contributed
results are man-made objects or stylized mother nature but yours are
artistic and realistic representations.

Sorry, I am not much of a programmer and clearly not a poet.   Dale
---

LogoForum messages are archived at:
http://www.egroups.com/group/LogoForum

Fri, 20 Jun 2003 06:31:52 GMT
 New file uploaded to LogoForum
There is a discussion concerning the programming of realistic "trees" like
odonata's in "The Algorithmic Beauty of Plants" by Prezemyslaw Prusinkiewicz
and Aristid Lindenmayer, published by Springer in 1990.  Page 25 has one
drawing that is very similar to tree.jpg.  The example results are of
bracketed OL-system, node-rewriting axial trees.  No random calls.

This book is not a cookbook.  Considerable thinking and programming is left
to the student before an actual model can be created.  But the book is
written for the use of Logoites.   Dale

PS
http://encarta.msn.com/
Scientific classification: Dragonflies and damselflies together make up the
order Odonata. Dragonflies make up the suborder Anisoptera, damselflies make
up the suborder Zygoptera. The green darner is classified as Anax junius.
The American ruby-spot is classified as Hetaerina americana; the
black-winged damselfly is Calopteryx maculata.
---

LogoForum messages are archived at:
http://www.egroups.com/group/LogoForum

Sat, 21 Jun 2003 00:13:44 GMT
 New file uploaded to LogoForum

Quote:

> There is a discussion concerning the programming of realistic "trees" like
> odonata's in "The Algorithmic Beauty of Plants" by Prezemyslaw Prusinkiewicz
> and Aristid Lindenmayer, published by Springer in 1990.

Hi Dale,

I wonder if you got my Logo program for the tree, and if it worked for you.

Regards,

Yehuda, Israel

LogoForum messages are archived at:
http://www.egroups.com/group/LogoForum

Sat, 21 Jun 2003 00:14:38 GMT
 New file uploaded to LogoForum
Surf to http://www.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/Redirect/bmv/java/LSystems/LSys.html

After the Java window is loaded click on "Apply" for the various Trees pg
25.     Dale
---

LogoForum messages are archived at:
http://www.egroups.com/group/LogoForum