LOGO-L> Multiple Turtles
Author Message
 LOGO-L> Multiple Turtles

Quote:
> George,

> I made a figure with several turtles. My current turtle in No. 1. I want
> to connect it with, for instance, turtle 2. Can this be accomplished
> from my position? (I mean, WITHOUT asking explicitly any of the turtles
> about its POS and AFTER it connecting the two points.)

> In other words: What FUNCTION gives me the POS, or HEADING of a turtle,
> while I'm activating another turtle?

> Thanks,

Think like a carpenter. If the tool does not exist to
do the job, then build a tool (a jig) to make it so.

to posturtle :t
localmake "st turtle
setturtle :t
localmake "tp pos
setturtle :st
op :tp
end

You can do distturtle, headingturtle, orientationturtle, towardsturtle
setposturtle, in the same fashion. I could spend a life time expanding
the library.

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 13 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 LOGO-L> Multiple Turtles

On the subject of multiple - turtles...  For those of you using
MicroWorlds 2.xx, a really cool trick is to stamp down a number of
turtles and then use the paintbrush tools to highlight & select the
whole graphic and cut and paste it down on one grid.  Now you'll have a
giant shape that can ride on the back of one turtle.  Beginners are
always wanting to do things like make a school of 15 fish all floating
together or a train of 10 cars all moving together.  It's a pretty steep
learning curve for a seven year old to handle 10 to 15 turtles, but in
my experience they can all learn how to stamp down the various parts of
the picture and then to cut and paste that picture onto one grid as a
giant mega-shape.

Tue, 14 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. LOGO-L> Re: Multiple Turtles

2. LOGO-L> Multiple Turtles

3. LOGO-L> Multiple turtles

4. LOGO-L>My DOS turtle needs to become an NT turtle

5. Searching for Geo-Logo / Turtle Math / Turtle Paths

6. Searching for Geo-Logo / Turtle Math / Turtle Paths

7. Searching for Geo-Logo / Turtle Math / Turtle Paths

8. LOGO-L> Total Turtle Trip

9. LOGO-L> Total Turtle Trip

10. LOGO-L> Re: Total Turtle Trip

11. LOGO-L> Re: Total Turtle Trip

12. LOGO-L> changing and saving turtle shapes