LOGO-L> Re: Problems in 3D Space
Author Message
 LOGO-L> Re: Problems in 3D Space

I should be the embarrased one.

Your problem #1 is fixed. It was due to "boundary" trig cases
and my "epsilon" was way to small. It is available now to be
downloaded and is called version 6.0c.

Turns out there are 1024 cases to test !!!
I used a modified version of your code to test it (see below),
if anything goes wrong you'd "see it" pretty quickly
(I don't ever send the turtle home and rely on it not getting lost).
Thanks for providing the example, it saves me a lot time.

Regarding problem #2 You must be running in 256 color Video mode.
See online help "CLEARPALETTE", it explains everything.

Problem #1 test code.

to planets.go
ht
perspective
cs
setturtle -1 setxyz 500 500 300
setturtle 0
repeat 10000 ~
   [
   make "x 45*random 8
   make "y 45*random 8
   make "z 45*random 8
   if (1 = random 1) ~
     [
     make "x :x + 0.00001
     make "y :y + 0.00001
     make "z :z + 0.00001
     ]
   setorientation (list :x :y :z)
   repeat 18 ~
      [
      arc2 20 100
      localmake "look orientation
      setorientation (list random 360 random 360 random 360)
      setorientation :look
      ]
   ]
end

Quote:

> George,

> While playing with Mhelhefni's codes I encountered rather embarrasing
> problems. Would you please clarify them.

> 1. I'm exposing only a "strange" piece.

> to planets.go
> perspective cs
> setturtle -1 setxyz 200 200 500
> setturtle 0 setxyz -200 0 0 downpitch 90
> repeat 18 [wait 10 clean arc2 20 200]
> end

> The result isn't unexpected -- the turtle runs around a circle.

> Now add two lines:

> to planets.go
> perspective cs
> setturtle -1 setxyz 200 200 500
> setturtle 0 setxyz -200 0 0 downpitch 90
> repeat 18 [wait 10 clean arc2 20 200
>            localmake "look orientation
>            setorientation :look
> ;  or, just setorientation orientation
>                                       ]
> end

> What happens?

> 2. And there are some strange things with colours.
> After my playing with colours, the pallette changes drastically. Only
> two or three colours are left there. That is, in the beginning of the
> Logo session in the window for pen colour settings I see all eight
> different colours. But after some manupalations with setpc, only two or
> three of them are left there. As I've never suffered colourblindness and
> it never occured in 2D space, it surprises me.

> What happens?

> I hope this won't be a ground for warning -- Children, don't go to 3D
> space! :-)

> Thank you,
> Olga.

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Thu, 09 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. LOGO-L> 3D - Logo For Beginners

2. LOGO-L> 3d-logo -cosinudid

3. problem with Internet 3D space builder V2.1

4. LOGO-L> space fractals

5. LOGO-L> out of list space error

6. LOGO-L> out of space continued

7. LOGO-L> re:out of space

8. LOGO-L> out of space

9. LOGO-L> 3d extensions to UCBLogo

10. LOGO-L> 3d isometric code in UCBLogo

11. LOGO-L> MswLogo ver 6.3d

12. LOGO-L> spherical coordinates in 3d