LOGO-L> 3d in Microworlds 2.0
Author Message
 LOGO-L> 3d in Microworlds 2.0

Alright, you're all having too much fun with this 3d stuff.
How could I emulate "perspective", "setturtle", "setxyz" in Microworlds2.0 ?
Thanks,
Steve

Stephen Brown
Information Technology Coordinator & Computer Science Teacher
Inter-American Academy, Guayaquil, Ecuador

Respected students
communicate globally
in peaceful spirit

Sat, 04 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 LOGO-L> 3d in Microworlds 2.0

That's a far bit of code and is 100% doable in 2d logo.
It will just run slower and be missing the built-in help etc.

But what I posted to olga was a start (of a viewer).

Erich once did a fairly complete "3D" system in 2D Logo.
Same theory but a different approach.

If I get some time I'll try to port the code to generic 2D Logo.
It may have to be pruned down a bit.

Does Microworlds have all the trig functions?
Can existing primitives be overwritten?
I assume Microworlds does not do arrays?

Quote:

> Alright, you're all having too much fun with this 3d stuff.
> How could I emulate "perspective", "setturtle", "setxyz" in Microworlds2.0 ?
> Thanks,
> Steve

> Stephen Brown
> Information Technology Coordinator & Computer Science Teacher
> Inter-American Academy, Guayaquil, Ecuador

> Respected students
> communicate globally
> in peaceful spirit

George Mills

http://www.softronix.com

Sat, 04 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 LOGO-L> 3d in Microworlds 2.0

George, thanks for your response.

Quote:
>That's a far bit of code and is 100% doable in 2d logo.
>It will just run slower and be missing the built-in help etc.

Is there a downloadable Mac version?

Quote:
>But what I posted to olga was a start (of a viewer).

>Erich once did a fairly complete "3D" system in 2D Logo.
>Same theory but a different approach.

>If I get some time I'll try to port the code to generic 2D Logo.
>It may have to be pruned down a bit.

Great, thanks!

Quote:
>Does Microworlds have all the trig functions?

Microworlds has these: sin, cos, tan, arctan

Quote:
>Can existing primitives be overwritten?

If they can, I don't know how.

Quote:
>I assume Microworlds does not do arrays?

There is no primitive named array. What versions of logo include arrays?
What is the difference between lists and arrays?

Saludos,
Steve

Stephen Brown
Information Technology Coordinator & Computer Science Teacher
Inter-American Academy, Guayaquil, Ecuador http://www.acig.k12.ec
Respected students
communicate globally
in peaceful spirit

Sat, 04 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 LOGO-L> 3d in Microworlds 2.0

--------------7CEA3B1224

<snip>

Quote:
> Does Microworlds have all the trig functions?
> Can existing primitives be overwritten?
> I assume Microworlds does not do arrays?

sent me the information on the attached file a couple months ago.  I
edited it a little to make it fit on one printed page.  So use it at
your own risk but I think it is all of Microworld's Vocabulary.  This
might answer some of George's questions.   Dale
--

--------------7CEA3B1224

<encoded_portion_removed>
--------------7CEA3B1224--

Sat, 04 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. LOGO-L> Microworlds 2.0

2. LOGO-L> QuickTime image in MicroWorlds 2.0

3. LOGO-L> timer in Microworlds 2.0

4. LOGO-L> Re: MicroWorlds Logo Assistance

5. LOGO-L> 3D - Logo For Beginners

6. LOGO-L> 3d-logo -cosinudid

7. LOGO-L> MicroWorlds Tools

8. LOGO-L> Shooting a rocket (MicroWorlds)

9. LOGO-L> slideshow (MicroWorlds)

10. LOGO-L> Deleting pages in MicroWorlds

11. LOGO-L> RE: MicroWorlds question

12. LOGO-L> MicroWorlds question