LOGO-L> Re: I need help, Nikolay Kravchuk
Author Message
 LOGO-L> Re: I need help, Nikolay Kravchuk

You forgot a ":" before minx.

repeat :maxx - :minx [make "dy f :dx pu setx :dx ...

The error you should of received said something like

I don't know how  to minx  in grf

Which is saying the Function minx does not exist.

Quote:

>Subject: LOGO-L> I need help, Nikolay Kravchuk
>Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 04:44:02 -0700

>Dear friends

>I try to introduce the MSW Logo in my class in Yalta, Crimea, Ukraine =
>and study the language step by step myself.

>In my text-book the exercises with misprints sometimes:

>this one is not working!

>Describe the function on Logo  =20

>f(x) =3D 2x + 5

>the program is

>to f :x                        ;this is procedure
>output 2 * :x + 5
>end                           ;and this part is working

>and after we must to build the graphic of this function fitting to =
>screen

>to grf :dx
>make "minx -92 make "maxx 87 make "dx :minx
>repeat :maxx - minx [make "dy f :dx pu setx :dx sety :dy pd fd 1 make =
>"dx :dx + 1]
>end

>and this is not working, scolding for phrase (make "dx :minx)
>also I need comment what dx and dy are doing in this exersise?
>Please help me=20

>and with best wishes, Nikolay Kravchuk.

Sat, 05 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. LOGO-L> I need help, Nikolay Kravchuk

2. LOGO-L> Microworlds Help Needed

3. LOGO-L> Re: Help Needed

4. LOGO-L> Need help with variables

5. HELP NEEDED emulating ls -la with glob

6. LOGO-L> I need Logo manual

7. LOGO-L> Logo projects needed for Logosium

8. LOGO-L> Re: Logo needs Bill Gates

9. LOGO-L> Articles needed for Logo Exchange

10. LOGO-L> Logo help for Bombay, India