LOGO-L> Re: What about a pink turtle?
Author Message
 LOGO-L> Re: What about a pink turtle?

Quote:

> http://www.*-*-*.com/ ,1284,35654,00.html
> Why Girls Don't Compute by Kendra Mayfield
> 3:00 a.m. Apr. 20, 2000 PDT
> .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .
> Girls aren't afraid of technology...
> .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .
> "They are not so much phobic, but are disenchanted," said Pamela Haage, the
> AAUW's director of research.
> .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .

So. Really a very interesting question.
Why Girl Don't Compute ?
There is the only answer.
Girls aren't afraid of technology.
They are not so much phobic.
They (girls, women) MOST cleverEST than men. That's all.
Only such fool creature like man can hang (absolutely voluntary) on his
own neck all these computers, compute, computing and many other foolish
things. But man is the man and all these computers, whisky, wars,
sports, garbage are his privileges. Or penal servitude may be?

All of men know very well they can't build a castle from sand, all of
them know there are not any logo-machine, lisp-machine, refal-machine,
prolog-machine, forth-machine. They know very well that fourth age
computers program fell down in tartarary (they say in Russia) but they
build their castle again and again. It come down on their heads but they
do this job again and again. Nice perspective, isn't it? Well, it is
their plannyda (as they say in Russia).

And I would like to speak another theme . It's not for ears of system
programmers or logo-dogs but for first-steps programmers and for
teachers using LOGO as creative environment for their children (home or
school) studies. But I know it's very bad to mix two themes in one
letter so good-by till another letter.

At Your services
Alexander V. Shadrin

http://www.*-*-*.com/
http://www.*-*-*.com/
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Tue, 08 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 LOGO-L> Re: What about a pink turtle?

As far as interest goes I think it has more to do with how
parents expose their children (daughters) than anything.

As far as numbers go.

At the large BioTech company I work at.

Lab Techs 90% women,
Customer service 50% women,
Testers are 90% women,
Secretaries 100% women,
IT is 100% men,
Mechanical Engineers are 100% men,
Software Engineers are 90% men,
Electrical Engineers are 100% men,
Management is 90% men.
Chemists are 90% men.

Quote:

>Subject: Re: LOGO-L> What about a pink turtle?
>Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 13:30:07 -0500

>Dale ==>

>I can't agree with the article. In terms of numbers, women certainly have
>equality in the IT operations at many high tech companies in the Dallas
>area. I can't speak for salary equality.

>As to a pink turtle, it has been my experience that girls really don't need
>them. In the various K-12 groups I worked with, girls generally did better
>than boys.

>I agree that girls tend to be turned off by male-oriented applications.
>However, those teachers or parents who limit a girl's options to video
>games
>and outdated, dull programming really need to take the blinders off. There
>is ever so much more available to challenge all ages, levels and types of
>interest.

>Regards...Jim

Tue, 08 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. LOGO-L>My DOS turtle needs to become an NT turtle

2. Searching for Geo-Logo / Turtle Math / Turtle Paths

3. Searching for Geo-Logo / Turtle Math / Turtle Paths

4. Searching for Geo-Logo / Turtle Math / Turtle Paths

5. LOGO-L> Total Turtle Trip

6. LOGO-L> Total Turtle Trip

7. LOGO-L> Re: Total Turtle Trip

8. LOGO-L> Re: Total Turtle Trip

9. LOGO-L> changing and saving turtle shapes

10. LOGO-L> names for turtles

11. LOGO-L> hiddenlines in 3D-turtle-programs

12. LOGO-L> Turtle Picture