New file uploaded to LogoForum
Author Message
 New file uploaded to LogoForum

> > a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the LogoForum
> > group.

> I have always thought that spider webs and snow flakes would be very
> interesting things to model with Logo.  But I would include a
little bit of
> random in my models.  Mother Nature does not make any two
snowflakes exactly
> the same.  Just like she does make any two people the same.

> But Daniel, clicking on the URL you sent did not work for me.  What
did work
> is surfing to the LogoForum page

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Quote:
> then clicking on Files.    Dale

Well, I didnt composed the message. It was automatically composed
and distributed by "egroups" when I uploaded the file.

And I did want to put some more flake designs but I dont now
much about snowflakes (I live in Ecuador :)

Daniel

LogoForum messages are archived at:
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 02 Jun 2003 13:51:21 GMT
 New file uploaded to LogoForum

Quote:
> And I did want to put some more flake designs but
> I don't know much about snowflakes (I live in Ecuador :)

Come on Daniel, Ecuador has plenty of snow.
http://www.*-*-*.com/
DAY 3: Hike up Rucu Pichincha, essential to our acclimatization program
before tackling Ecuador's giants. At 15,706 ft, Rucu Pichincha lies in the
foothills of Quito.
DAY 4: Drive towards Cayambe,18,997 ft, Ecuador's third highest peak.
Cayambe offers spectacular snow and ice climbing and intricate glacier
travel. Stay in hut at 15,290 ft.
DAY 5: Acclimatization day, we work on glacier travel techniques. Our route
isn't technical but we will encounter many very large crevasses on our
climb.
DAY 6: We start our climb with headlamps on very early in the morning, a
standard procedure of tropical high altitude climbing in Ecuador for firm
snow conditions during our ascent and descent. An exciting day, challenging
glacier travel takes us to the summit, culminating with an exciting line
along the glaciated edge of the volcano's crater. Descend to our hut and
possibly drive south to our next objective.
DAY 7: Our next objective will be Cotopaxi, at 19,348 ft, Ecuador's second
highest peak and one of the most beautiful peaks in the Ecuadorian Andes, a
perfect cone covered by glaciers and snowfields. We will stop for a rest at
a 17th Century Hacienda on our way to Cotopaxi, a beautiful place to relax
and enjoy views of Illiniza Sur and Cotopaxi.
<snip>

I know it is not in Equador, but not that far away in Peru, my oldest son(an
Electrical Engineer like his Pop) recently climbed Alpamayo:
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;.
There is another beautiful photograph at:
http://www.*-*-*.com/

David, your Logo model of a factory-made glass-topped thingamajig(I cannot
think of a name for the{*filter*}tail table gadget you turn upside down then
right side up to see the "snow" fall) would be expected to have snowflakes
all the same.   Not at all like Mother Nature's snowflakes.

The result of your Logo modeling is very beautiful.  I have it as my
Wallpaper for the holidays.     Dale
---

LogoForum messages are archived at:
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 02 Jun 2003 13:59:44 GMT
 New file uploaded to LogoForum

Quote:
> > And I did want to put some more flake designs but
> > I don't know much about snowflakes (I live in Ecuador :)

> Come on Daniel, Ecuador has plenty of snow.
> http://www.patagonicas.com/ecuador.html
> DAY 3: Hike up Rucu Pichincha, essential to our acclimatization
program
> before tackling Ecuador's giants. At 15,706 ft, Rucu Pichincha lies
in the
> foothills of Quito.

I had never thought of that... I still have my doubts about if it
really snows at the top of our mountains. I think its more like
small ice balls raining.

I think I heard someone was doing a proyect in Starlogo to model
snowflake formation.

Snowflake formation is a self replication process, is it not?
Maybe some recursive functions and some randomness could do the
trick.

Daniel

LogoForum messages are archived at:
http://www.egroups.com/group/LogoForum