Report from NECC
Author Message
 Report from NECC

I just got back from NECC in Seattle and got a boost in morale that was
sorely needed.  The new MicroWorlds EX looks great!!  It is available for
Windows starting next week and for Mac OS X in October.  I went to Gary
Stager's session on MicroWorlds EX and saw lots of possibilities for
projects.  Each turtle can now have its own private properties, including
costumes, procedures and variables.  Each turtle can be exported as an
object, with all of its properties, to be imported into another MicroWorlds
project.  This will be great for collaborative group projects or just
simple sharing of ideas between friends.

I also got to hear Alan Kay talk about the future of education and
demonstrate Squeak.  He was very impressive.  I think I may download Squeak
and give it try.

I got to meet Wendy Petti and Chris Myers from Open World Learning and hear
them talk about "Empowering Students to Learn, Mentor, and Assess
Creatively and Responsibly".

It was a great 4 days!!

John St. Clair                          Global SchoolNet Foundation

Vina Danks Middle School                LogoForum moderator
Teacher of Logo and Lego                groups.yahoo.com/group/logoforum

LogoForum messages are archived at:
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 19 Dec 2005 16:55:16 GMT

1. NECC 2003

2. NECC 2003

3. NECC 2003

4. NECC 2003 in Seattle 6/30 - 7/2

5. Don't forget to register for Logosium at NECC

6. proposals for next NECC conference

7. db Reports - include premade reports with your program

8. Report Writer, Crystal Reports

9. Report Copies / multi-page report

10. exporting report procedure to report writer

11. HURRY - CW4 external Report Writer (TXR) and 2 detail on 1 report

12. Sending Filters To a Cw Report Writer Report