MARKET SURVEY
Author Message
 MARKET SURVEY

We are a small, dedicated group of people desperately trying to get
a video production company off the ground.

Recently, we secured enough financial backing to produce several
videos on the subject of personal computing.

Because we don't have the financial resources to perform a
traditional market analysis, we considered several alternatives and
concluded that we should consult the people of the Internet, who
are technically proficient and tend to be enthusiastic personal
computer users.

We would like you to indicate which three of the below described
videos would appeal to you most.

Please note that each video synopsis is numbered.  When you are
ready to send your response, please specify the numbers
corresponding to your three video selections, and use commas to
separate the numbers.

For example, if you choose selections four, eight, and eleven, the
body of your letter would simply be:

4,8,11

and nothing more.

When you send back your response, please specify "MARKET SURVEY" in
the subject field.  Then, direct your response back to

Please realize that this is not an adverti{*filter*}t, or solicitation.
We simply would like to know your response.  You will not be
contacted further.

Thank you in advance for your help and cooperation.

Tom and Randi Fecker

Please select three videos that interest you most:

1. The Internet Pilot's Guide
A plain English guide to getting around on the Internet by veteran
users.  How to use Internet resources to send/receive e-mail, and
to search for documents and files relating to a particular subject.
How to use LISTSERVs, GOPHER, ARCHIE, WWW and WAIS.  How to use FTP
and Telnet to access remote computers for file transfers, remote
logins, etc.  Also, learning how to observe Internet's
"netiquette."  And how to access multimedia Mosaic bulletin boards.

2. How to Make Money at Home With Your PC I -- Successful PC-Based
Businesses
Meet five successful entrepreneurs who started their own home-based
businesses using a PC.  Includes businesses that provide typing
services, mailing list management, horoscopes, bookkeeping, and
even a software developer who does not know how to program -- he
hires other people to implement his software designs.  Includes
ideas for two dozen home-based businesses you can start using your
PC.

3. How to Make Money at Home With Your PC II: Portfolio Management.
Whether you manage your own portfolio for investment gains, or you
take on clients for a consulting fee, a PC can give you powerful
tools for portfolio management.  Meet three successful home-based
portfolio managers who use their PCs to maximize profits.  They'll
inspire you, and share some tricks of the trade that can help you
land clients and get started.  We'll also show you how to determine
which software applications will meet your needs, and which online
services will satisfy your requirements.

4. How to Make Money at Home With Your PC III: Telecommuting
Learn how to use your PC to telecommute to companies across America
that are looking for specialized consultants with skills like
bookkeeping, software design and programming, editorial and script
writing, technical proofreading, graphic design, copywriting, and
more.  Includes interviews with three successful telecommuters who
use their PCs, faxes, modems and phones to serve distant clients,
and information about a telecommuting referral service that could
help you find employers.

5. How to Upgrade Your Hard Drive, Step-By-Step
From choosing your new hard drive, through ordering, installing and
testing it.  This plain English video shows you how to do the job
correctly, one simple step at a time.  Using industry-wide
standards, we'll show you what all hard drives have in common.
Includes how to determine if your controller will support a
particular hard drive.  How to remove the old drive, and install,
format and test the new drive.  Includes a discussion on the
differences between the various standards.

6. How to Design Your Own PC
You don't have to be an engineer to design and build the PC of your
dreams.  This plain English video shows you how to figure out the
PC design that is best for you, how to specify components, how to
make sure they'll work together, and where to buy them.  You'll end
up with a top quality system that will save you money.

7. How to Build Your Own PC
Once you've designed your PC, we'll show you how to build it.  The
actual process will take you only a few hours.  Using an easy-to-
understand method, we'll show you how to inspect, install and test
components.  Includes tips and tricks from computer production
experts.  The technical skills can be easily mastered by almost
anyone, and you probably already own most of the tools you would
need.
8. How to Increase Your Computer's Memory
This plain English video shows you how to determine whether your
computer memory can be increased, and how to do the job correctly,
one step at a time.  You'll learn about industry-wide standards for
memory, how to configure additional RAM and cache, how and where to
buy RAM chips, and three ways to eliminate low-quality RAM chips.
Covers all phases of the process from opening your computer, to
testing your memory.  Includes discussions on how to ensure your
DOS set-up is able to access all available memory, and how to use
various memory management software applications.

9. How to Use MS-Windows 3.1
This powerful graphical user interface can help you work smarter
and faster, but the manual and the online tutorial that come with
Windows leave many questions unanswered.  This plain English, step-
by-step video will show you how to install Windows on your computer
and set it up to get optimum performance.

10.  How to Find a Job in the Information Age
A PC can give you an incredible advantage when you're searching for
a new job -- or even a new career.  But you have to know just how
it can help you.  In this video, an experienced employment
counselor will show you how to tap the power in your PC to find job
leads, create a winning resume and customized cover letters, tap
into databases and find bulletin boards that will lead you to job
openings, and use online services to research potential employers.

11. How to Install a Sound Card in Your Computer
Here's how to add incredible stereo sound to your computer with
step-by-step help. In plain English, you'll learn how to determine
if your computer can support a sound card, how and where to buy a
high-quality sound card.  How to open your computer, and install
and test the sound card.

12. How to Install a CD-ROM Drive in Your Computer
Using simple tools, this plain English video shows you how to
install a CD-ROM Drive in your computer.  You'll learn how to make
sure your computer can support a CD-ROM drive -- and what to do if
it can't.  Covers internal vs. external drives, how and where to
buy a high quality CD-ROM drive, what you need to know about
differing industry standards, preparing the drive bay, testing and
trouble-shooting.  Covers SCSI and IDE.

13. How to Fix the Most Common Computer Problems
Your computer serviceman may not want you to know this, but all you
need is the know-how you'll get from this video, simple tools, and
easily-obtainable diagnostic software -- and you can fix most
common problems you'll ever encounter with a PC.

14. What to Do When a Virus Strikes Your Computer
Viruses can come from almost anywhere: a colleague or friend's
disks, a network, a bulletin board, even commercial software.  If
you ignore the first warning signs, a virus can wipe out your data
and permanently damage your computer's memory.  In plain English,
this video will tell you how to scan disks for viruses, how to
check downloaded files from bulletin boards, how to set up a virus
prevention program for your home or office computer, and how and
where to buy the best anti-virus software.  We'll also cover the
pros and cons of the antivirus software in DOS 6.X and Windows 3.X,
how to use antivirus software, and more.

15. How Your PC Works: Inside the Case
Here's a down-to-earth explanation of how your PC actually
processes information, and what really goes on inside the case.
You'll get a guided tour of the insides of a PC, learn about how
the various components work and how they communicate with each
other, and get a clear explanation of technical terms.  A must for
anyone who wants to really understand how to program, use and
repair a PC.

16. How to Create Config.Sys, Autoexec.Bat and Batch Files
These basic files can make it much easier to use your computer --
or cause incredible headaches if they are not written properly for
your particular software and peripherals.  Now you don't have to be
at the mercy of murky tech manuals, because we'll show you how to
create files that work for your system -- step-by-step, in plain
English.  You'll learn how to write, modify and test Autoexec.Bat
and Config.Sys files; and how to create batch files.

17. How to Add a Modem or Faxmodem to Your Computer
Here's the easy way to add a modem or faxmodem to your computer,
with step-by-step guidance from this plain English video.  You'll
learn how to determine if your computer can support a modem or
faxmodem, and what to do if it can't, how to choose and buy the
best modem or faxmodem, how to open your computer, and install the
modem or faxmodem, how to test it, how to quickly eliminate common
problems, and how to set your modem or faxmodem correctly.

18. How to Make Money at Home With Your Computer
The information age is opening up incredible new opportunities for
PC owners to make undreamed of money, using skills and knowledge
you may already have!  Here's inside information on the ten most
promising telecommuting jobs and 12 small businesses you can run
right from your home, using your PC.  Includes profiles of PC
owners who are actually running PC-based home businesses.

19. The Super-Highway Roadmap
This is your guide to where to go and ...

read more »

Sun, 06 Oct 1996 10:44:32 GMT
 MARKET SURVEY
This so called "market survey" is nothing else but an adverti{*filter*}t
for your products. Please, got off the net and advertise it where it
is appropriate.

Thx

vlad

Quote: