LOGO-L> orbitting sphhere in 3-D space
Author Message
 LOGO-L> orbitting sphhere in 3-D space

;Hello Olga Tuzova
;Here is a very simple code based on the solar example of MSWLogo
;with some variation; this orbitting sphhere gives some nice 3-D
;feeling. I should like that you try it;I appreciate your comments.
;Best Regards
;Mhelhefni
;---------------------------------------------------------------
to go
perspective cs ht
setturtle -1 setxyz 120 110 90
setturtle 0
repeat 120[clean pu fd 15 pd rt 25 sphere 8 20]
end

to sphere :rad :step
repeat 180/:step [circle :rad rr :step] rr 180
repeat 180/:step[make "q repcount*:step-90 fd :rad*sin :q
downpitch 90 circle :rad*cos :q uppitch 90 bk :rad*sin :q]
end
;--------------------------------------------------------------

Mon, 06 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 LOGO-L> orbitting sphhere in 3-D space

Note you can make smooth animation without going to .GIF movies.

Just copy each "Frame" to a BITMAP buffer.

;Record
repeat 100 ~
   [
   CALL MYFRAME
   SETBITINDEX repcount
   BITCOPY :width :height
   ]

;Play
repeat 100 ~
   [
   SETBITINDEX repcount
   BITPASTE
   wait :FRAMEDELAY
   ]

You can do up to 1024 frames (but you'll probably run out of memory
first).
When doing this sort of thing set your Video Mode to 256 colors to save
memory.

This is what I refer to as bringing your computer to its knees :-)

The nice thing about this is each frame can take as long as you wish and
be as complex as you wish and it won't take any more memory or slow down
the
playback.

Quote:

> ;Hello Olga Tuzova
> ;Here is a very simple code based on the solar example of MSWLogo
> ;with some variation; this orbitting sphhere gives some nice 3-D
> ;feeling. I should like that you try it;I appreciate your comments.
> ;Best Regards
> ;Mhelhefni
> ;---------------------------------------------------------------
> to go
> perspective cs ht
> setturtle -1 setxyz 120 110 90
> setturtle 0
> repeat 120[clean pu fd 15 pd rt 25 sphere 8 20]
> end

> to sphere :rad :step
> repeat 180/:step [circle :rad rr :step] rr 180
> repeat 180/:step[make "q repcount*:step-90 fd :rad*sin :q
> downpitch 90 circle :rad*cos :q uppitch 90 bk :rad*sin :q]
> end
> ;--------------------------------------------------------------

George Mills

http://www.softronix.com

Tue, 07 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. LOGO-L> orbitting sphere in 3-d space

2. LOGO-L> orbitting 3-d sphere in space

3. LOGO-L> orbitting sphere in 3-D space

4. DS Space

5. LOGO-L> space fractals

6. LOGO-L> out of list space error

7. LOGO-L> Re: Problems in 3D Space