Finally, MswLogo can GENERATE sound !!!
Author Message
 Finally, MswLogo can GENERATE sound !!!

Finally after digging and digging (and this was not the first time
I investigated sound generation) I got it.

The trick is understanding that THE API for generating sound in
Windows is the MIDI protocal. Whenever I saw a reference to MIDI
I ignored it because I didn't have a MIDI keyboard or MIDI cable
for my sound card, so I don't need MIDI right, WRONG.

All Windows supported Sound Cards will obey MIDI commands.
MIDI commands are just a stream of bytes. All that needed to be
added to MswLogo was the capability to send the stream of bytes
and you can do just about anything you want.

I wrote a nifty little experiment that takes the Mouse coordinates
and uses them as the Note and Velocity. As you mouse the mouse
around the screen you get some pretty wild sounds. I also use
a scroll bar for Volume etc.

Now all I have to do is document it all (once I pull myself
away from playing with it :-) ).

It should all be in MswLogo 3.5 (I also hope to have PC speaker
sound generation also [NOT MIDI though]).

Fri, 01 Mar 1996 06:56:41 GMT

1. Sound through the sound card for MSWLogo?

2. MSWLogo MOUSEON problem finally solved

3. MswLogo 4.0 is finally moved to it's correct home

4. Finally, MswLogo 4.0 is here !!!

5. MswLogo & Windows 3.11 Sound

6. LOGO-L> Re: MSWLogo sound

7. Problem with Sound Volume (MSWLogo/Win95)

8. LOGO-L> generate random number in MSWLogo

9. generate a sound 'beep'

10. generate to sound card output

11. generating psychedelic sounds

12. generating psychedelic sounds