LOGO-L> 4-sided polygons
Author Message
 LOGO-L> 4-sided polygons

Hello,

Teachers ask on this list for activities of mathematical nature in Logo.

Here's a proposed project, which I ran several times. My students found
it interesting, and I found it valuable:

Let the turtle draw ANY 4-sided polygon. Lets us call the sides by
a,b,c,d.
Now connect the center of a with that of b, then with that of c, then
with that of d, to form a new "median" polygon. What sort of polygon is
this? Can you prove that?

Advanced students may want to program it by themselves (once they
learned RANDOM and SETXY/SETPOS). Other students might receive the full
program from the teacher as a "black box", and run it.

Program it so that each time you hit a key - a new drawing appears. To
terminate push Esc.

Satisfaction guranteed!

[[Yehuda]]

Sat, 04 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. LOGO-L> Variation on polygons

2. double sided polygons?

3. Two sided polygons with different colors ???

4. Newbie question: Two sided polygons?

5. LOGO-L> Apple logo/MSW Logo

7. WTD: 'ls -lR '->HTML code

8. Suggestion on how to side-step different versions of Logo

9. Suggestion on how to side-step different versions of Logo

10. Lines Side by Side?

11. Class side vs Instance Side??

12. smalltalk - java side by side