TKTS Logo 1.0a5
Author Message
 TKTS Logo 1.0a5

 (you'll see multiple windows each with it's own turtle). ex_life shows how
to use this to resize/re-initialize the display.
 Where is Ex_life?

  First example "ex_animal" is an old favorite of mine in yet another
incarnation. It asks questions, learning facts for the next time the game
is played.
 Thanks, that was fun. Animal as a prototype for learning software has been
a favorite of mine for decades, & I've re-implemented in various languages.
Learning & automatic learning is a persistent interest of mine within the
AI world, which ironically has learned little over the past 20 years.
Do you recall who orignally came up with this game?
 No, but it was very early, 60's I think...
Bugs: I can't paste text to the editor window from the clipboard. I checked
with the Clipboard Viewer and the text really is on the clipboard.    What
kind of text was it (where did you paste it from)?
 plain text, mdarray from MSWLogo, pasted from NoteTabPro.
Erasing text: I want a text area, actually a square matrix to be updatable.
penpath ; add here code to draw a rectangle around the text (use labelsize)
setfillcolor [255 255 255] fill ppt
 Thanks, that will help...  Bob "To create New Answers;  you must ask New
Questions." - Bob Gorman < http://www.*-*-*.com/
eudora="autourl"> http://www.*-*-*.com/

LogoForum messages are archived at:
< http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;
http://www.*-*-*.com/

< http://www.*-*-*.com/ ; Yahoo! Terms of Service.

Fri, 13 Aug 2004 12:31:47 GMT
 TKTS Logo 1.0a5
    Where is Ex_life?  If you  don't see it, (and typing "ex_life" doesn't
work) you need to download  latest version (1.0a6).

Bugs:I can't paste text to      the editor window from the clipboard. I
checked with the Clipboard Viewer      and the text really is on the
clipboard.  What kind of text was it (where did you      paste it from)?
   plain text, mdarray from MSWLogo, pasted from NoteTabPro.
 Sounds daft, but can you try pasting into notepad, then copy  from notepad
and paste into TKTS  Logo?

LogoForum messages are archived at:

<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> Yahoo! Terms of Service.

Fri, 13 Aug 2004 12:32:19 GMT
 TKTS Logo 1.0a5
Quote:
   -----Original Message-----From: Bob Gorman

minor irritation is that it changed the icon for *.lgo files to the    TKTS
logo.I'd prefer to leave it as the MSWLogo icon, even re-installed
MSWLogo but your logo persists, probably a registry setting...
 I would have thought re-installing MSWLogo would have put it back.  I'll
look at having this prompt "Do you wish to change the association" kind of
thing. You can manually set this back via Folder options (click on   File
Types  tab).

Things to try:Multiple      turtles (see "newturtle" command)Multiple
canvases (see "newcanvas"      command) - A canvas is adrawing area
   The canvas concept seems interesting, even directly relevant to the
application I'm working on (support for solving cryptarithms). Some
examples    of what it does and how to use it would be most helpful.
 setcanvas 1 pd repeat 4 [fd 50 rt 90]  setcanvas 2 pd repeat 3 [fd 50 rt
120]   setcanvas 1 circle 60   (you'll see multiple windows each with it's
own  turtle). ex_life shows how to use this to resize/re-initialize the
display.

First example "ex_animal" is an      old favorite of mine in yetanother
incarnation. It asks questions,      learning facts forthe next time the
game is played.
   Thanks, that was fun. Animal as a prototype for learning software has
been a favorite of mine for decades, & I've re-implemented in various
languages. Learning & automatic learning is a persistent interest of mine
within the AI world, which ironically has learned little over the past 20
years.
 Do you  recall who orignally came up with  this game? Some thoughts &
observations:I like the help file format, M$'s new help format.
Thanks! I've still got to add the index to this  help. BTW, I take offense
though at the '$' :-( See bottom of
http://www.thehunters.org/jamie/about.htm for  why :-) In the text window,
I'd like to be able to  double-click an item to re-execute it (ala
MSWLogo)    Interesting thought. You can do cursor up/down to recall the
history  list. I'll add this to my to-do  list. Editor related:I like using
buttons to exit  with or without saving. I find menu selection a boring &
error prone waste  of time for frequently used functions.    If you  click
the "X" button on top-right of the command window (rather than the turtle
window) it will prompt to safe if needed. I can add a friendly "Bye"
button. Bugs:I can't paste text to the  editor window from the clipboard. I
checked with the Clipboard Viewer and the  text really is on the
clipboard.    What kind of text was it (where did you paste it  from)? I'm
trying to migrate code from MSWLogo, and  have been copying library
routines across and testing them. At the moment I'm  trying to get MDARRAY
to work, and stuck on the error msg: for doesn't like :origin as input in
mdarray: [ ]  I've recently fixed  a bug wrt "for". However for
MSWLogo, you can use "array" instead of  "mdarray", it supports the mdarray
functionality. (This is also true for item  and getitem).   Your  "About"
screen should reflect not just the major version but the minor release  #.
This will enable users to give you accurate feedback info for tracking
bugs.  Next  version will reflect this.  I noticed  setsc is setbg (screen
color --> background), I'm trying to collect instances  where the same
semantics uses a different text representation, for possible a  cross-logo
help facility and also a semi-automatic translator between different  Logo
dialects. These are several of my many dreams or back-burner  projects.
IIR,  UCBLogo keeps the drawing as an action list, so you can set screen
color to same  as line colors, then change it again, and the lines are
still present. SetBg in  MSWLogo implies a CS. TktsLogo is something
between.  Erasing text:  I want a text area, actually a square matrix to be
updatable.The following  best describes the problem:My font is set to
Courier new bold 16csrt  90setpc 0 ;Blacklabel "12345show  background[255
255 255]setpc [255 255  255]     ;background colorlabel  "12345; Purpose
erase previous text prior to updating...look at the  screen with zoom 5x
and you will see "droppings", making an updatable text  display area most
difficult.    Bob penpath ; add here code  to draw a rectangle around the
text (use  labelsize) setfillcolor [255 255 255] fill ppt Jamie

LogoForum messages are archived at:

<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> Yahoo! Terms of Service.

Fri, 13 Aug 2004 12:25:39 GMT
 TKTS Logo 1.0a5

<http://www.thehunters.org/logo/tktslogo
eudora="autourl">http://www.thehunters.org/logo/tktslogo  Using a different
installer that was recommended to me, so if you've installed a previous
version, you should uninstall it before installing the new version.
 I did the uninstall & install, & all seems to be working well. A minor
[...]
format.  In the text window, I'd like to be able to double-click an item to
re-execute it (ala MSWLogo)  Editor related: I like using buttons to exit
with or without saving. I find menu selection a boring & error prone waste
of time for frequently used functions.  Bugs: I can't paste text to the
editor window from the clipboard. I checked with the Clipboard Viewer and
the text really is on the clipboard.  I'm trying to migrate code from
MSWLogo, and have been copying library routines across and testing them. At
the moment I'm trying to get MDARRAY to work, and stuck on the error msg:
for doesn't like :origin as input  in mdarray: [ ]  Your "About" screen
should reflect not just the major version but the minor release #. This
will enable users to give you accurate feedback info for tracking bugs.  I
noticed setsc is setbg (screen color --> background), I'm trying to collect
instances where the same semantics uses a different text representation,
for possible a cross-logo help facility and also a semi-automatic
translator between different Logo dialects. These are several of my many
dreams or back-burner projects.  Erasing text: I want a text area, actually
a square matrix to be updatable. The following best describes the problem:
My font is set to Courier new bold 16 cs rt 90 setpc 0 ;Black label "12345
show background [255 255 255] setpc [255 255 255]     ;background color
label "12345 ; Purpose erase previous text prior to updating... look at the
screen with zoom 5x and you will see "droppings", making an updatable text
display area most difficult.  Bob  "To create New Answers;  you must ask
New Questions." - Bob Gorman <http://www.kncell.org/
eudora="autourl">http://www.kncell.org

LogoForum messages are archived at:

<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> Yahoo! Terms of Service.

Thu, 12 Aug 2004 10:54:23 GMT

1. TKTS Logo 1.0a5

2. Different behaviour - UCBLOGO, MSW-LOGO, TKTS-LOGO

3. Different behaviour - UCBLOGO, MSW-LOGO, TKTS-LOGO

4. Announcing TKTS Logo 1.0a3 another ????????????????

5. Announcing TKTS Logo 1.0a3

6. Announcing TKTS Logo (for testing/evaluation)

7. TKTS Logo

8. TKTS Logo further testing...

9. Announcing TKTS Logo (for testing/evaluation)

10. Installing NumPy-1.0a5

11. ANN: InstallBase 1.0a5 Released!

12. e4Graph 1.0a5