Graphing Calculators
Author Message
 Graphing Calculators

From: "Edwin Pilobello"

Quote:
> Other than GEOMLAND in ELICA, is there another math
> package written in LOGO?

Well, LogoFe...

Set operations
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Calculus
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Matrix Operations
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Polynomial Operations
http://www.*-*-*.com/

It can even do graphs (lines and bars)

Daniel

LogoForum messages are archived at:
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Tue, 04 Jan 2005 21:58:30 GMT
 Graphing Calculators
Gracias, Daniel!

I don't recall ever viewing your documentation and examples in the same
way.  I do include LogoFE in the CD I hand out.  Obviously, I have
failed to associate LogoFE as Set, Calculus, Matrix and Polynomial
procedures.

Let's just say the thought never occurred to me.  It got lost in the
translation :) !!

I wish we had a user interface that would better the handheld
calculator.  There is obviously so much more that a PC can do
graphically and interactively.  In fact, IMO the popularity of
Wolframm's new book is due largely to the "for dummies" illustrations of
complex (at least that's how mathematicians choose to present)
mathematical equations of common sense natural occurences.

I am not trying to trivialize the matter, just wishing that the
exclusive proofs could be simplified for the benefit and inclusion of
the poor masses.  I think there is a glaring need for such a translator.
The more visual, the better.

Cheers,
:-)  edwin

> Other than GEOMLAND in ELICA, is there another math
> package written in LOGO?

Well, LogoFe...

Set operations
http://mondragon.port5.com/logofe/p13.htm

Calculus
http://mondragon.port5.com/logofe/p17.htm

Matrix Operations
http://mondragon.port5.com/logofe/p16.htm

Polynomial Operations
http://mondragon.port5.com/logofe/p19.htm

It can even do graphs (lines and bars)

Daniel

LogoForum messages are archived at:

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

LogoForum messages are archived at:

Tue, 04 Jan 2005 23:53:43 GMT

1. Graphing Calculators

2. Creating a language... (for a graphing calculator)

3. Schemely graphing calculators?

4. Looking for graphing calculator code

5. Schemely graphing calculators?

6. Calculator cgi/Subnet calculator

7. Apologies Looking for Graph GUI like Dr. Graph again

8. XY Graph over Intensity Graph

9. Graphs - I need more graphs ( Simulation development )

10. graphing and graph widgets

11. 2D, 3D graph widgets and graphing utilities..??

12. Has anyone made a programmable graphing/scientific/financial calculator which uses Fortran 77?