How to Think Like a Computer Scientist - Logo version
Author Message
 How to Think Like a Computer Scientist - Logo version

I've posted a short introduction to Logo as a general purpose
programming language.

The document adapts the first chapters of Allen Downey's Open Source
book ``How to Think Like a Computer Scientist. Java Version'' (and
Python, C++, ...) http://www.*-*-*.com/

Any comments will be welcomed.

Guido Gay

LogoForum messages are archived at:
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sun, 27 Nov 2005 23:12:11 GMT
 How to Think Like a Computer Scientist - Logo version
Guido Gay said:

Quote:
>I've posted a short introduction to Logo as a general purpose
>programming language.

>The document adapts the first chapters of Allen Downey's Open Source
>book ``How to Think Like a Computer Scientist. Java Version'' (and
>Python, C++, ...) http://www.greenteapress.com/

>Any comments will be welcomed.

Are questions okay?

Where'd you post this to?

William

--
William Adams
http://members.aol.com/willadams

Wed, 30 Nov 2005 10:30:51 GMT
 How to Think Like a Computer Scientist - Logo version

Quote:
> Guido Gay said:
> >I've posted a short introduction to Logo as a general purpose
> >programming language.

> >The document adapts the first chapters of Allen Downey's Open Source
> >book ``How to Think Like a Computer Scientist. Java Version'' (and
> >Python, C++, ...) http://www.greenteapress.com/

> >Any comments will be welcomed.

> Are questions okay?

> Where'd you post this to?

> William

It is posted to the LogoForum at
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LogoForum>

You need to be a member of Yahoo and the LogoForum to view the posted
files.

-John

Wed, 30 Nov 2005 23:15:06 GMT
 How to Think Like a Computer Scientist - Logo version
john.stclair explained:

Quote:
>It is posted to the LogoForum at
><http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LogoForum>

>You need to be a member of Yahoo and the LogoForum to view the posted
>files.

OIC.

So _that's_ why so many of the posts have ``[LogoForum]'' in their subject.

Any timeframe on getting this somewhere more accessible?

If it's appropriate w/ the licensing, anyone willing to e-mail me the file(s)?
(hopefully .tex source?)

Want a place to host it? I could put it on my site...

William

--
William Adams
http://members.aol.com/willadams
Sphinx of black quartz, judge my vow.

Thu, 01 Dec 2005 08:46:26 GMT

1. How To Think Like A Computer Scientist

2. Request: How To Think Like A Computer Scientist Tcl Style

3. Should computer scientists read Derrida?

4. Should computer scientists read Derrida?

5. Sources for teaching category theory to computer scientists

6. ANNOUNCE: AlgoVista---A Search Engine for Computer Scientists

7. HIRING - Computer Scientist Engineer

8. Dates of logicians and computer scientists

9. International Young Computer Scientist Conference

10. Job Opportunity: COMPUTER SCIENTIST

11. Job Openings at CNRI for Computer Scientists

12. LOGO-L> Off-computer -- on to Logo