School in heart of tech country teaches without PCs
Author Message
 School in heart of tech country teaches without PCs

They go down Walker Road or Tualatin-Hillsboro Hwy to the West Campus
of OHSU.OGI and attend Saturday Academy robotics classes.

They're really great kids.  All I do is open the door and throw the
cabinet wide open.  I then run around like a chicken with its head
cut off trying to assist in multiple projects.

Once in a while, I bend the rules and have the parents stay in class
to assist their kids.  Or, I extend the class 10-15 minutes so the
parents can come in and enjoy their kids at play.

It was a Swallowtail student who smirked at the TV crew for bothering
her while she was intently working.  It was the best advertising the
class ever got!

Cheers,
:-)  edwin

P.S. -  The kids may not have PCs in school, but they are awefully
computer literate.

< http://www.*-*-*.com/
l_stan

Quote:
> dard.xsl?/base/news/101351857825853188.xml>

>  School in heart of tech country teaches without PCs

LogoForum messages are archived at:
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 02 Aug 2004 13:02:43 GMT

1. School in heart of tech country teaches without PCs

2. Menino unveils plans for high-tech school in Hub

3. LOGO-L> Teach the teachers Tech

4. Forth Taught at Schools/Universities

5. Forth Taught at Schools/Universities

6. Forth Taught at Schools/Universities

7. Forth Taught at Schools/Universities

8. Forth Taught in Schools/Universities

9. Forth Taught at Schools/Universities

10. Forth Taught at Schools/Universities

11. Writing about Forth (was: Forth Taught at Schools/Universities)